Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    If I read your post correctly, you put the res lead for the iDVM333 in the 10 amp port, I stead of the vomts port. That will give you a strange amp reading such as you posted. If you were plugging something else in the 10 amp port, then I apologize I misunderstood what you were doing.
    I put the leads in there thinking maybe it was able to sense such a small amp draw.

Turns out your .5 Amps was the explanation.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    This is how my leads fit when fully inserted.
    Yes, mine go in the same. Kind of lock/click in, it's tactile.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    I don't remember if I mentioned it on this thread or another one.

If I leave the meter in the sun too long the display will black out. It recovers once is has cooled down. I thought I had ruined it for sure!
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes

If I leave the meter in the sun too long the display will black out. It recovers once is has cooled down. I thought I had ruined it for sure!
    I did the same thing.
    On a roof at 110° and looked down to see a reading and my heart sank. Oh, sh!t!!!!
    Used the app.
    Figured out what I did, flipped the meter over and used my back up.
    When I got done with the call and back at the van, checked it and all was good. Whew!!!!

Post Likes

I had that happen to a Fluke meter many years ago. Made my heart drop too. I think every LCD display is suseptable to this. Some are worse than others I'm sure.
    Last edited by Glenn Harrison; 07-22-2018 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Can't type

Post Likes
    If JB were to offer his reasoning it would likely make perfect sense. It might be along the lines of, "Well, when we set this up, we felt there was no need for spending hours to write the programming for that test. The technician could just use the first part of a current imbalance test"
    This is the other area where we have to have some patience. Jim B has so many projects right now. Improvements to Measure quick, partnership with SUPCO, working with AccuTools to get the TruBlu hose kits out, and the complete line of BluVac Bluetooth micron Gauges, updates to the BluVac app, other stuff that AccuTools has coming out, and on top of that Redfish instruments, the new Redfish app, incorporating Redfish into Measure quick, and getting the new Clam meter out, which is supposed to be out in August-ish. There are probably a couple other projects we don't even know about yet. Now that TruBlu hoses and the BluVac full line of blutooth micron gauges are out, I believe Jim can put more time into Redfish to continue improving the app and getting the clamp meter out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    IDVM333 connected to FP HS36 on 10mV/A.
    This is interesting. The meter is essentially showing 0.21A with nothing in the remote amp clamp?
    Maybe this is information Testo needs to fix their 770-3 issue?
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    This is interesting. The meter is essentially showing 0.21A with nothing in the remote amp clamp?
    Maybe this is information Testo needs to fix their 770-3 issue?
    I have the leads connected to the clamp and the clamp around the blower motor wire.
    This is a feature of the FP meter. Makes it easier to get into tight spots.
    It is no different than the Redfish meter application.

Reading is not consistent with what I got from the other set ups, so I can't rely on that combination of meter and amp clamp.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I have the leads connected to the clamp and the clamp around the blower motor wire.
    This is a feature of the FP meter. Makes it easier to get into tight spots.
    It is no different than the Redfish meter application.

Reading is not consistent with what I got from the other set ups, so I can't rely on that combination of meter and amp clamp.
    Gotcha, so the FP meter automatically moves the decimal place? Maybe you'd get better consistency with the FP meter set to mV.
    I swear I read somewhere about FP heads being used on the Redfish meters. It was an old webpage.
    Here's a youtube video from FP

In any case, this is old technology now. The new technology is integrating the wireless functionality into a comprehensive app. I don't think there's any doubt that JB is leading the way for that in the residential HVAC field.
    Last edited by mgenius33; 07-22-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234