Post Likes

CCN To Niagara 4

I recently upgraded a building from a Jace 3 AX to a Jace 8 N4 4.3. This building has 2 Carrier 30XA chillers that were talking to AX with a CCN driver in AX, we had problems with the communication to the chillers about a year ago and ended up replacing the main board in the chillers. Now that we have swapped to a Jace 8 and N4 the chillers have not been communicating very well. At first they were communicating but all the data was either stale or would not update now they just will not communicate. Every now and then I can get one of them to communicate by disconnecting the wire going to the other chiller but the data will be stale.

The chillers are set at bus 0 and element 1 and 2 with a baud rate of 38400. I have N4 set at bus 0 and element 233. The wire is 18GA shielded 2 strand that was pulled new when the boards were replaced last year, I have also tested the wire for short/break and it Ohms out fine.

The chillers also have a BACnet translator (33cntran485) that I tried connecting to but I could not get them to discover in to N4 on either chiller, I never saw any lights on the RS485 LED on either translator but the CCN and power LEDs were blinking normally.

Today I connected the chillers back to the old Jace 3 but they still would not talk. I find it hard to believe that both boards have gone bad again just 1 year later and I am hoping someone can help me out with something I am overlooking? I do not have access to any CCN software so I am unable to see if the chillers will talk to Network Service Tool. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    We had issues with CCN (RTUs and VAVs, no chillers) and 4.3; problems went away with 4.4 upgrade.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    I have tried connecting the chillers back to the old 3.8 Jace but they still wouldn't work.

Post Likes
    you could get two opn-upc and communicate to them by backnet

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool breeze 38 View Post
    you could get two opn-upc and communicate to them by bacnet
    Spelling corrected.

Post Likes
    from the translator to the ccn board. did you change that buss speed?

Post Likes
    CCN is usually 9600 baud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    And 18/3 for CCN bus wiring. Not 2 wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk