Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 19 of 19
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    77
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Think of this;

    It is charged for 120ft of lineset.

    Do they want you to remove charge if it is under that? No, this unit will operate with that amount of refrigerant due to the sizing of the accumulator and piping in the outdoor unit. It is designed to handle the "FACTORY CHARGE" in normal operation!!!

    Tell them to go pound sand, as they are fing morons!!!!!! Sorry, but this is just a horrible story to have on the internet and in an HVAC chat discussion that will negatively influence anyone considering a Carrier.
    Hell, I'm at a Carrier Premier Dealer and will now think long and hard before considering these. We already have issues with the Midea branded stuff!!
    Yeah ya gotta love it. But happy to know the Midea stuff isnt working all that great for other people too. It's very difficult to simple get and end but I'll give it to the factory to keep trying. Just 8 times and not just caving in for a refund or even offering anything is puzzling and makes me think I'm becoming their Guinea pig free of charge. All I'm thinking is probably in a month or two I'll be on another forum for a different problem so I'm hoping my letter to them requesting a contact to establish an end solution just finishes the whole process sooner than later . What's another 600 days on 600 days haha.

    Fun fact, I just noticed today my outdoor replacement unit i got a year after the original was older than my original one (based on the serial number assuming they go up not down). Maybe their sales are that bad.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cyamamoto91 View Post

    Fun fact, I just noticed today my outdoor replacement unit i got a year after the original was older than my original one (based on the serial number assuming they go up not down). Maybe their sales are that bad.
    I would note this and bring that to their attention.

    Maybe the newer units have a different software version and they work. MAYBE.

    Start charging them a fee to come out, say $125/hr per person, plus your lost wage.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    77
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I would note this and bring that to their attention.

    Maybe the newer units have a different software version and they work. MAYBE.

    Start charging them a fee to come out, say $125/hr per person, plus your lost wage.

    I was thinking of asking for some vrf equipment or light commercial equipment with smart thermostats for putting me through all of this but again it's a carrier product, and really a Midea.

    Man I would love to recoup that cost that way but frankly that may be a good card to hold on my end as a bargaining chip.

    Update. I just swapped thermostats around from a potentially bad zone. Still no difference. Not possible all thermostats are broken.

    Another update. I noticed these indoor zones only increase load demand based on the number of degrees off set... that's so idiotic and has nothing to do with heat loads changing as the sun and temps rise during the day. So much for temperature stability.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    2,431
    Post Likes
    Why don't you just kick the guy in the balls, tie him down and waterboard him.....because it would be less painful than that combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Carrier ductless should come with NEST controls!
    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    2,431
    Post Likes
    I mentioned in the other thread when I worked for a Carrier FAD, we did not touch their rebranded ductless crap and installed Mitsubishi instead.

    Learned our lesson on rebranded geo units and rebranded HRV'S. You need tech support....there is none and OEM won't touch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Think of this;

    It is charged for 120ft of lineset.

    Do they want you to remove charge if it is under that? No, this unit will operate with that amount of refrigerant due to the sizing of the accumulator and piping in the outdoor unit. It is designed to handle the "FACTORY CHARGE" in normal operation!!!

    Tell them to go pound sand, as they are fing morons!!!!!! Sorry, but this is just a horrible story to have on the internet and in an HVAC chat discussion that will negatively influence anyone considering a Carrier.
    Hell, I'm at a Carrier Premier Dealer and will now think long and hard before considering these. We already have issues with the Midea branded stuff!!
    Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    77
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    maybe you guys may know this, but for a ductless or inverter system, is the indoor coil temperature supposed to stay the same regardless of the capacity request? I figured the capacity request just makes the fan spin faster.

    And if so, is there a typical temperature for a coil? like 40F or 50F? The manual is void of this info, but does state the heat temp should be about 50C ~120F

    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.