+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Efficient Thermal Energy Exchanger Device(Heat Pipe)

Post Likes

Post More Efficient Thermal Energy Exchanger Device(Heat Pipe)

Hi everyone,

Heat pipe is device that transfers heat using the principles of both thermal conductivity & phase transition so that heat can transfer effectively between two interfaces.Heat pipe is a self-contained passive energy recovery device.
    heat pipe heat exchanger can recover up to 85% of exhausted thermal energy. However under ideal conditions the thermal efficiency of an economic system ranges between 55 to 70% and saves millions of BTUs year after year.

Anybody knows more information regarding Heat Pipe Please let me know?

Thanks ,
    Kaadhira

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    Are you interesting in building heat pipes?

For solar energy they are pretty simple. Of course heat pipes require a working fluid with a boiling point / condensing point about midway between the two working extremes.

For solar heating of water I use acetone.

What is your application? What are you looking to absorb heat from? What are you looking to add heat to?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaadhira View Post
    Hi everyone,

Heat pipe is device that transfers heat using the principles of both thermal conductivity & phase transition so that heat can transfer effectively between two interfaces.Heat pipe is a self-contained passive energy recovery device.
    heat pipe heat exchanger can recover up to 85% of exhausted thermal energy. However under ideal conditions the thermal efficiency of an economic system ranges between 55 to 70% and saves millions of BTUs year after year.

Anybody knows more information regarding Heat Pipe Please let me know?

Thanks ,
    Kaadhira
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    CPU coolers use heat pipes as primary heat transfer devices. The OEM would be able to tell you how they work and then you could model it on a larger scale with less primitive application.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    The most common use of a "heat pipe" (i.e., a phase change device with no compressor) is in the MiTek dehumidification coil. It heats up on one side and cools down on the other to aid in dehumidification, and is powered by fan energy. I don't know how often they are actually used in industry - most engineers would specify something like a heat wheel or ERV/HRV core instead. But the heat pipe solution doesn't require exhaust air to work.

I've often considered using a small heat pump to do energy recovery between intake and exhaust ducts that are too far away from each other to use a heat wheel, but haven't ever had the time to sit down and figure out how well it might work in practice.

Post Likes
    Why so Far away from Each Other I seen them - side by Side to take Advantage of Heat Transfer _ Just have to Place Exhaust 3 ft Higher or Lower
    Then the Intake Stack - that said - 90 Degree Elbow on 1 - Other Gets - 45 Degree then short 12 inches or so straight pc. and another 45 Degree Degree in Opposite Direction .

( Just for some Separation Distance ) and to Direct . .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in