Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Not bad. I agree with a couple of other posts. Never exposed romex, always in conduit or flex. A riser would be nice. And I also hate pulling combustion air from in the house. But I can understand why you did it.

The two things that bug me are flex gas line(around here, only the huge super cheap housing contractors use it. It's a clue that you are in for a bad day.) and the other is a lack of a cleanout in the condensate drain from the coil. A T facing up with an unglued cap to flush the line with water/vinegar is a great thing. Make it easy enough and the customers will flush it every couple months. Keeping the line and the pump clear.

FWIW I don't do installs. Just experience with servicing them.

BTW what stat do you use? The humidity controls on the CS7500 work great if you have enough wires to the stat to control it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann6 View Post
    Not bad. I agree with a couple of other posts. Never exposed romex, always in conduit or flex. A riser would be nice. And I also hate pulling combustion air from in the house. But I can understand why you did it.

The two things that bug me are flex gas line(around here, only the huge super cheap housing contractors use it. It's a clue that you are in for a bad day.) and the other is a lack of a cleanout in the condensate drain from the coil. A T facing up with an unglued cap to flush the line with water/vinegar is a great thing. Make it easy enough and the customers will flush it every couple months. Keeping the line and the pump clear.

FWIW I don't do installs. Just experience with servicing them.

BTW what stat do you use? The humidity controls on the CS7500 work great if you have enough wires to the stat to control it.
    Icomfort Wifi on this unit.

Mechanical rooms romex is allowed here, it would look nicer in conduit of some kind your right, but this is the prefered method we use. Sales guys love to pinch those pennies.

Post Likes
    so why not do it the better way if its not to costly if it was my install i would insist you ran it in conduit or seal tite or the like

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bhenry1013 View Post
    Icomfort Wifi on this unit.

Mechanical rooms romex is allowed here, it would look nicer in conduit of some kind your right, but this is the prefered method we use. Sales guys love to pinch those pennies.

Is that running the humidifier? Or is the humidistat?

Ahh, that would never fly here. Gotta be in conduit of some sort.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann6 View Post
    Is that running the humidifier? Or is the humidistat?

Ahh, that would never fly here. Gotta be in conduit of some sort.
    Tstat runs it now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12