Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: carrier airhandler fitting

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thekux View Post
    I can replace somebody's equipment and cut their energy bills by 50%,

Do you sell IceCOLD too?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    I'd rather keep my customers, thanks. People I throw to hacks arent my customers, though they may be former carpers and whiners.

If you talk the way you type it's no wonder you only get the uneducated as customers.
    So many things can go wrong with heat pumps in a condensing unit but you guys think this old equipments built better it's not. Especially stuff built before 1992 it's crap. A lot of older furnaces from the 70s are BTU inputs are a lot higher then what is needed because the equipment so much better.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    So many things can go wrong with heat pumps in a condensing unit but you guys think this old equipments built better it's not. Especially stuff built before 1992 it's crap. A lot of older furnaces from the 70s are BTU inputs are a lot higher then what is needed because the equipment so much better.

You're confusing efficiency with quality & reliability. You can take a Honda Fit on a drive across country & it will be more economically efficient than driving a full sized Cadillac but that doesn't mean the quality of the ride will be better.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    You're confusing efficiency with quality & reliability. You can take a Honda Fit on a drive across country & it will be more economically efficient than driving a full sized Cadillac but that doesn't mean the quality of the ride will be better.
    I've saved on a job the operator over $1,000 a year on replacing a 1960s or 70s gas furnace with a more properly sized two-stage gas furnace. It paid for itself in two years. It was my sister. If she had to pay a contractor it would have been paid off in 3 to 4 years. The 100000 BTU furnace replaced with a 60000 BTU furnace that was a two-stage furnace. 80% efficient.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Let's just say my experience with those units has been different than yours when we're talking about reliability. Now I have run into plenty of poor installations & clearances where the system is hard to work on but I don't blame that on the unit.
    My experience also. Now if you let them get really dirty then yes they will pour water but exactly what brand doesn't ?

Post Likes
    I've saved on a job the operator over $1,000 a year on replacing a 1960s or 70s gas furnace with a more properly sized two-stage gas furnace. It paid for itself in two years. It was my sister. If she had to pay a contractor it would have been paid off in 3 to 4 years. The 100000 BTU furnace replaced with a 60000 BTU furnace that was a two-stage furnace. 80% efficient.

Easy to pay for itself when the low bid wins.

For the original post cut the leak out and do a minor repipe and move on

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy1949 View Post
    My experience also. Now if you let them get really dirty then yes they will pour water but exactly what brand doesn't ?
    Those units those old bdp products were not the best especially in horizontal installations. It's old crap nowadays.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnasty View Post
    Easy to pay for itself when the low bid wins.

For the original post cut the leak out and do a minor repipe and move on
    Thousand bucks year Energy savings can easily pay for itself no matter what

Post Likes
    Thousand bucks year Energy savings can easily pay for itself no matter what

I wouldnt save $1000 on electricity unless I turned my ENTIRE house OFF for 1.25 years. The equipment here is from the 80s, plus all the other stuff I run. I dont see how you'll do that on mere AC equipment alone.

10. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I wouldnt save $1000 on electricity unless I turned my ENTIRE house OFF for 1.25 years. The equipment here is from the 80s, plus all the other stuff I run. I dont see how you'll do that on mere AC equipment alone.
    I told you why. Her furnace that I replaced in Spokane where it gets cold was either from the 60s or 70s. I think the 60s. It was 100,000 BTU input output with 65000 BTUs. It was belt-driven and the airflow in her home was pathetic at all the outlets. I put in a 80% two stage furnace and those are very cheap, 60000 BTU input. It has four speeds all the way up to I think 900 CFM can't remember exactly. Most of the year she's probably heating her home on the first stage, really needing second stage. So if that's the case now I'm hating her house with a third less of the BTUs of the rated input. That's why she saved so much money. The house is 1000 square feet with 9 Outlets. 100000 BTU input was way too much. But the old days they used to do that.

Post Likes

How did she save $1000 a year when u put in an 80% furnace?

13. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flanders View Post
    How did she save $1000 a year when u put in an 80% furnace?
    I just told you in explicit detail you can't figure it out? She's heating her house on less than half of the natural gas that she was using.

Post Likes
    I just told you in explicit detail you can't figure it out? She's heating her house on less than half of the natural gas that she was using.

The house would heat up faster with the larger unit. It wouldn't necessarily save her any money going with a smaller 80% efficient unit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flanders View Post
    The house would heat up faster with the larger unit. It wouldn't necessarily save her any money going with a smaller 80% efficient unit.
    I have really spell this out before but I'll do it again. It was a belt-driven hunk of s*** and then move hardly any air through the house. The thing was probably from the 60s. It moves more air with the newer unit on top of using less than 1/2 of the Natural Gas.

Post Likes
    Did her house is only one thousand square feet going hundred thousand BTUs for a thousand square foot house is a little much

Post Likes
    I have really spell this out before but I'll do it again. It was a belt-driven hunk of s*** and then move hardly any air through the house. The thing was probably from the 60s. It moves more air with the newer unit on top of using less than 1/2 of the Natural Gas.

I give up. Lol!

Post Likes
    Did her house is only one thousand square feet going hundred thousand BTUs for a thousand square foot house is a little much

geez man, try English

Post Likes
    geez man, try English
    I have explained in detail how I have saved my sister so much money. Less than half the BTUs and better airflow.

21. Dislikes GenesisRefrig disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    geez man, try English
    Not easy with a Mouth Full Of B S!

23. Likes GenesisRefrig, HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Not easy with a Mouth Full Of B S!
    How much more specific can I get?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12