Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: My hack job

Post Likes
    You're going to have to.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    The flex on the hot water tank is a travesty of usage, too. I cant wait until that kinks off and provides no hot water.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    You're going to have to.

PHM
    -------
    Yeah I know. Im impatient sometimes...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Kux, are there unscrupulous contractors, of course. But just because contractor A screws a customer on price, doesn't mean you have the right to screw them on quality. It is also on the customer for falling for the unscrupulous contractor, be it falling for a slick salesman, or focusing too much on cost.

Side work is the dirty little secret of this business, but as James said... people normally have the common decency not to boost about their side work. You are new here, but instead of reading and asking questions, you are everywhere giving "advice," and otherwise being disrespectful. As has been said, your work is not the worst any of us has seen, but it is year 1, max year 2 quality work. Definitely not worthy of the wall of pride. And your "advice" is often wrong.

One of the most important talents for a man, is to be able to know what he can and can't do. And accept what he does and does not know. You need this talent badly.

The people on this site are not the unscrupulous contractors you talk about, as the people here are trying to make themselves, and HVACR as a whole... better. We would like to help you become better. However, you need to accept the fact that you have a lot to learn for us to help you. On this site everyone both gives and receives advice, but the ratio is different for each. You should be here to primarily receive advice at your level.

You are cruising for problems with your behavior here. You act as if you are untouchable, but guess what, everything you write can be seen by the public. That public includes both your "customers" and the legit contractors you are stealing work from. And for all you know, you are stealing work from a contractor that is on this site.

You need a lesson in HUMILITY, and a lesson in LIABILITY and risk management.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

4. Likes KickedGinger liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gross View Post
    Why isn't this a locked forum?
    That's an Excellent Point, that the Administrators might want to consider.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thekux View Post
    But that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. This job had to do what I had to do but at least the customer the lady didn't have much money doesn't have to worry about her heating problems for another 15-20 years now

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Work may not look stellar, but its guaranteed for life. HAHA

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567