Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    These climates are where heat pumps shine. They have a larger shoulder seasons where the HP can maintain temperature for a lot less cost before the heat supply drops off to a point where the more expensive fuel source takes over.
    How much per kilowatt do you pay where you're at? When I lived on Long Island it was very expensive and I'm assuming you because you're an Eastern New York it's a hell of a lot colder. I have a friend of mine that moved from Long Island to Greene New York and it is nasty cold there in the winter time

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    June's bill. Actual usage. Where the AC was running non-stop day and night for weeks at a time. (179.70) Im in Western NY where it's no uncommon to get long runs of -20 in the winter.

Sent via ESP...

Post Likes
    If I read that correctly it's only $0.04 a kilowatt that's real cheap that's cheaper than where I'm at but quite a bit and we have really cheap power I think we're paying about $0.08
    June's bill. Actual usage. Where the AC was running non-stop day and night for weeks at a time. (179.70) Im in Western NY where it's no uncommon to get long runs of -20 in the winter.

Sent via ESP...

Post Likes
    it's not the cheapest. I like to call it "average".

Post Likes
    You're paying about half of what I'm paying here for electric. 5 cents a kilowatts dirt cheap. Electric furnace wouldn't cost that much to run there so I can see where heat pump would be all right when the power is that cheap
    it's not the cheapest. I like to call it "average".

Post Likes
    There's places near me (canada is one) that uses the same hydro power and it costs less... it's all the government.

Still, in your area, LP is likely very much more costly than is the equivalent electrical unit. Natural gas is probably cheaper if you have a supply of commercial gas wells (like we do here).

Post Likes
    You're right Natural Gas is the Preferred Choice here if it's available. On my street there is no gas. There's natural gas everywhere else around me but on my street there isn't any. There's a lot of oil being delivered on my street still. That's why I didn't go to gas I would have if it was available. Propane here if somebody uses it a dual fuel heat pump will be preferable. Most of the time a heat pump can heat well here without backup

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567