Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    It's (hopefully) 26 gauge single wall going to b-vent. It's allowed by the code but it looks like ass. I'd use a shorty section of b-vent.
    Marc, isn't that section of flue the 2nd hottest part of the flue (the first turn being the hottest)? I sure would want it all double wall. People think the top of furnaces are little shelves...

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Marc, isn't that section of flue the 2nd hottest part of the flue (the first turn being the hottest)? I sure would want it all double wall. People think the top of furnaces are little shelves...
    It is, yes, the hottest part.

But for comparison, here, 99% of installs are ALL single wall all the way to the chimney or flue pipe. Rise, run, size, and ambient temperatures all play a part in how it drafts.

It doesnt look good (the connector joint especially) but it'll likely pass the code.

Post Likes
    It is, yes, the hottest part.

But for comparison, here, 99% of installs are ALL single wall all the way to the chimney or flue pipe. Rise, run, size, and ambient temperatures all play a part in how it drafts.

It doesnt look good (the connector joint especially) but it'll likely pass the code.
    I understand historically single wall was common, but I thought the code changed requiring double wall now? or am I mistaken?

Post Likes
    I understand historically single wall was common, but I thought the code changed requiring double wall now? or am I mistaken?
    It depends on which code is being enforced. We're still back in the 2000's in NY for most things.

6. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    It depends on which code is being enforced. We're still back in the 2000's in NY for most things.
    Ah ok, yeah, I think it updated with 2006, but not being Resi I am not sure. Regardless, I would want double wall there.

I also like his statement on the other thread... "just a server room"...

8. Likes HVAC_Marc, DavidDeBord, xarralu liked this post
    Post Likes
    "just a server room"...
    geez, if it was CP's server room it could be millions of dollars...

but hackery is good enough!

Post Likes
    geez, if it was CP's server room it could be millions of dollars...

but hackery is good enough!
    Yeah, when I worked for someone else we had a server room (I am guessing his is actually an equipment room), and we were required to be there within 1.5 hours of the service request. For comparison the MRI work had a 2 hour response time, and the supermarkets were all either 3 or 4 hour response times.... comfort cooling just yells and complains, nothing really on the line

11. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    The last server room I worked on...

if they called with an emergency you dropped your shit and left to go there. 30 minutes... max. I got tired of changing filters and started charging mega dollars for fiberglass filters. That fixed their laziness right quick.

13. Likes thekux, DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    They don't live too far from me and I do have to go back because I don't have the proper clearances. Someone pointed it out to me. That was a b**** job. The unit that was there was 14 in in width lousy filter setup to. If I had another foot on the right side of that machine it would have been all the difference in the world on the how tight that was. If I made it completely straight you who would not be able to get the inducer out if it ever needed service without completely ripping everything apart. The top part I had to move around a little because making that straight with would have blocked the ability to get the filter out. I always try to get a 4-inch filter in if possible. On Commercial jobs like those serving rooms if they are Air Handlers if it's possible to put in 2 inch or 4-inch that be the way to go you can get more of time out of it. Some commercial air handlers and package units I'm sure you're aware of it but I was be repeating anyway the racks can be modified easily from 1 inch to 2 inch filters. I do a lot of low temp at the school district 2 how to take a picture for you on an evaporator I did in a walk-in cooler I can show you guys can't wait

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The last server room I worked on...

if they called with an emergency you dropped your shit and left to go there. 30 minutes... max. I got tired of changing filters and started charging mega dollars for fiberglass filters. That fixed their laziness right quick.
    Yeah, requirements have gotten stricter for sure. The point is... "Just a server room".... HAHAHAHAHA

16. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thekux View Post
    I do a lot of low temp at the school district 2 how to take a picture for you on an evaporator I did in a walk-in cooler I can show you guys can't wait
    Low temp is a freezer

Medium temp is a cooler

18. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    My 2000sq ft home has a two ton condensing unit and cools fine. Couldn’t imagine a 3.5 ton. Maybe the guy should have invested in windows and insulation.

20. Likes BALloyd liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeesspoo View Post
    My 2000sq ft home has a two ton condensing unit and cools fine. Couldn’t imagine a 3.5 ton. Maybe the guy should have invested in windows and insulation.
    Or maybe the customer wants their house to be 60F with 80% humidity?

22. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast