Thread: IoT gauges

Post Likes

IoT gauges

I made my own always-on A/C monitoring system which reports the PT's to the cloud where I can go view graphs from all time.

Here is the setup from bottom up
    DS18S20 temp sensor & refrigeration tape
    0-5V, 0-500 psi pressure transducer, Digikey
    Custom PCB
    ESP8266
    NodeMCU LUA code
    Thingspeak.com

All A/C's should send their information to the cloud. A system like this either factory installed or service company installed would be great. We could sell monitoring for a $2/mo fee and predict when the system will need servicing. The Internet service would (on the tech's end) detect certain problems before they are major in a way that only an always-on system could: tiny leaks, TX valve sticking, partial clogs, minor compressor wear. Then reach out to the home owner and offer service as a reduced cost for them to avoid major service.

Post Likes
    Cool, got pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I know a company that was developing this exact system....checked in to the home base, messaged contractor and or homeowner with problems, etc. etc. they got half through the development stage and the Money backed out. shame really, they could have made millions with it.

Post Likes
    Yeah...it is very interesting to look at it...are there any pics?

Post Likes
    Why reinvent the wheel?
    Pelican Wireless and Honeywell LCBS and Prolon are already doing it on the commercial end with temperature and energy data going to the cloud. While they don't monitor pressures you could use a pressure switch wired in to a set of dry contacts that would trigger an alarm which then could be emailed or texted to the service company and/or homeowner. Pelican is the most user friendly of the 3
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them