+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smoked Brisket

Post Likes

Smoked Brisket

I smoked my first whole brisket today, it came out amazing!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. Likes mariner59, HVAC_Marc, Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    my son bought a Traeger grille and smoked one with a rub from Texas, and the fat was soooo good that I didn't bother to trim it off! I think he said 16-18 hrs. on the grille!
    still juicy !
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    I love it. My last cook was through the night for the 4th. It was a 13 lb. Brisket some ribs and ribeyes for that night's dinner.

The 2nd is there to protect the 1st. DTOM

5. Likes Red Man liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I love smoking brisket. I usually use Butt Rub, let it rest to room temp. I give it a really strong smoke for 6 hours or whenever the stall hits. The stall is around 150 degrees. That's when the surface evaporation is equal to the amount of heat added. This can dry out the brisket if the fat cap is too thin. I keep mine at a 1/4inch thick. I use the texas crutch method, wrap the brisket in foil and mist it heavily with apple juice. You can keep it on the smoker and finish it or throw it in the oven. I favor the latter , it saves charcoal , and you're not adding much more flavor from smoke after 6 hours. I pull it when temps hit 195. I like to see it climb to 205 when resting. If its a smaller cut ill pull it at a higher temp. I rest it in a cooler to about 150 before I serve it. I love cutting it thin with my slicer and making philly cheese. mmmh

7. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Looks delicious
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by handyandyva View Post
    I love smoking brisket. I usually use Butt Rub, let it rest to room temp. I give it a really strong smoke for 6 hours or whenever the stall hits. The stall is around 150 degrees. That's when the surface evaporation is equal to the amount of heat added. This can dry out the brisket if the fat cap is too thin. I keep mine at a 1/4inch thick. I use the texas crutch method, wrap the brisket in foil and mist it heavily with apple juice. You can keep it on the smoker and finish it or throw it in the oven. I favor the latter , it saves charcoal , and you're not adding much more flavor from smoke after 6 hours. I pull it when temps hit 195. I like to see it climb to 205 when resting. If its a smaller cut ill pull it at a higher temp. I rest it in a cooler to about 150 before I serve it. I love cutting it thin with my slicer and making philly cheese. mmmh
    I dont have any idea what in the hell you are talking about but it sounds pretty good

Post Likes
    Looks so yummy
    Can't wait to weekends to cook smoking brisket!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by handyandyva View Post
    you are spot on. but I use wood smoker and cold beer so I like hanging around the smoker after I wrap it!Name:  IMG_1612.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  51.8 KB
    Last edited by poppa; 11-23-2018 at 08:40 PM. Reason: add

Post Likes
    cant get the pic right dammit>

Post Likes
    Had a coworker at my last job. He would smoke a brisket. He kept telling me about it. Then one time I tasted it.

Talk about dreamland! That meat was melting on the way to your mouth! Seriously. I never knew beef could be that tender.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Try taking the photo in landscape mode. This site did an upgrade some time ago, and since then, photos taken in the portrait mode get posted sideways. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by poppa View Post
    cant get the pic right dammit>

Post Likes
    Looks very delicoius

Post Likes
    Getting ready to throw this bad boy on the smoker. 18lbs before trimout. Let's see how this goes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    Getting ready to throw this bad boy on the smoker. 18lbs before trimout. Let's see how this goes.

18. Likes captube liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I’ve got a rib roast dry brining now that I’m gonna throw on the smoker on Christmas. Also got a pork belly I’m gonna smoke for burnt ends.

20. Likes Zamoramax, captube liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So I took my time on tp9his one. Prepped everything. Took a few pic's as it progressed. B-e-a-utiful. Seasoned with black pepper, garlic salt, lawrys seasoning, Pitt happens rub. Trimmed and seasoned then let sit for 4 almost 5 hours before it went on the smoker. Texas crutch at 148* to finish(203*) 9 hours in total.. 15.8lbs before trim.
    Apparently not all photo's were saved...

Post Likes
    Okay . . . I'll be there shortly . . .

So I took my time on tp9his one. Prepped everything. Took a few pic's as it progressed. B-e-a-utiful. Seasoned with black pepper, garlic salt, lawrys seasoning, Pitt happens rub. Trimmed and seasoned then let sit for 4 almost 5 hours before it went on the smoker. Texas crutch at 148* to finish(203*) 9 hours in total.. 15.8lbs before trim.

Post Likes

Very nice! I’ve got one in the fridge wet aging. I’m thinking about separating it and making pastrami out of part of it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in