Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    For myself, Excell walks on water. I used Quattro Pro for years and Excell used a lot the features in Q Pro.
    I did most all my estimates using a spread sheet. First Q pro then Excell.
    Probably one of the better things a tech can do is learn how to write code for a spread sheet.
    I know the word "code" can make people run but it's actually fun.
    I should have played the g'tar on the MTV. MK

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

2. Likes mariner59, BBeerme liked this post
    Post Likes
    Google Sheets works as well and has an Android App.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Post Likes

5. Likes mariner59 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Greend88 View Post
    Google Sheets works as well and has an Android App.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    The link has an error...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I was thinking this week how nice it would be to have an app that can save formulas for you and after searching this morning i finally found one!! its call “custom formulas”.

I plugged a few hvac equation in it (capacitor test, cfm from resistant heater and total btu output.). That was easy enough and i plugged in some typical numbers and seems to work great.

Then i decided ide put three phase voltage imbalance imbalance in it....

I think it can be done even if not within one formula it may take a few steps i could label as voltage imbalance step1,step2 or whatever

It can do negative numbers and up to 4 inputs but the problem i think i may have is the app is not capable of doing a delta, only subtraction. When you find the difference between the average volts and the actual volts depending on which number you use first the out come may be negative and possible screw everything up???

You can hack around this limitation as follows. Compute the square of the number and then take the square root of that. So for example deltaV = sqr((V_actual - V_average) ^ 2).
    Alternatively if it doesn't like taking ^2 of a negative number, you can do: deltaV = sqr((V_actual - V_average) * (V_actual - V_average)).

8. Likes Core_d, mariner59 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brianca View Post
    You can hack around this limitation as follows. Compute the square of the number and then take the square root of that. So for example deltaV = sqr((V_actual - V_average) ^ 2).
    Alternatively if it doesn't like taking ^2 of a negative number, you can do: deltaV = sqr((V_actual - V_average) * (V_actual - V_average)).
    Thank you very much, I believe tomorrow ill be doing this long hand, but see what i can do with that this weekend. I had no luck finding a voltage imbalance app. Funny, i thought i have seen them before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12