Post Likes

Redfish iDVM2 App

Hi Jim

Just received my iDVM510 and was wondering if there was any specific reason I can't find the iDVM2 app on the google play store?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    Hi Jim

Just received my iDVM510 and was wondering if there was any specific reason I can't find the iDVM2 app on the google play store?

Thanks
    There are two apps that you can use.

Search Redfish Instruments, or Supco Techlink. I would recommend the Supco Techlink app if you have not seen it.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Thanks for the reply Jim, Nothing comes up under Redfish Instruments on google play store. I found it in Apple app store though.

I'll take a look at Techlink.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Name:  Screenshot_20180706-093825-270x480.png
Views: 91
Size:  39.1 KB
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Name:  Screenshot_20180706-094111-270x480.png
Views: 90
Size:  37.1 KB
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    I'm wondering if it's a region thing as it's definitely not coming up in searches on both my phone and tablet or through the browser on my PC.

Post Likes
    That's interesting, I VPN to Canada and it shows up now in Play store but as incompatible...

I grabbed it from elsewhere and side load it and seems to be working same as the apple app.

Post Likes
    You really should use the Techlink app. I have had the Redfish meter for a few years and used the iDVM2 app. While it is a good app, it was always a little glitchy on Android. More importantly the iDVM2 app hasnt been updated in around a year, due to Jim and Supco coming out with the Techlink app.

The Techlink app is new, is powered by Measurequick. It has a ton more features over the iDVM2 app.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    It doesn't have the voice option from what I can tell though. I just got a idvm510 and got both apps to have the voice option. I think it is pretty cool part and one of the reasons I got the meter. The techlink app does appear to be better in other regards .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Max View Post
    It doesn't have the voice option from what I can tell though. I just got a idvm510 and got both apps to have the voice option. I think it is pretty cool part and one of the reasons I got the meter. The techlink app does appear to be better in other regards .
    We have a lot of plans for Redfish and the Techlink app. Eventually, it will have all of the features of the current Redfish app plus a lot more. We own Redfish. Because of some of the plans we had for MeasureQUiCK, and another app the meter works with, we decided to take it a different direction and it was easier to let the original app set than to try to incorporate in an existing framework.
    JLB,