+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dammit... They won't let their HFC bans drop!

Post Likes

Dammit... They won't let their HFC bans drop!

I really think HFC-404a is great for refrigeration, R-407C is a great product to replace R-22, I do NOT want a vehicle that uses HFO-1234yf when it is $1000 for a 10 lb jug! I would MUCH rather keep my HFC-134a. Lastly, we JUST phased in HFC-410a... Why in the world should we worry about phasing it out.

I really do NOT want to buy any more Chemours or Honeywell products but would rather support Arkema at this point... Done buying any Genetron or Freon branded products. WILL be buying Florane at this point!

http://www.contractingbusiness.com/r...-regulate-hfcs

Post Likes
    I wouldn't worry about.............

Everything's on hold for several years.

3. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I think we should just stop all of this nonsense, and just embrace R290. My car already has 20 gallons of gasoline stored in a plastic tank. Many vehicles are propane or CNG powered, and most houses in the U.S. have natural gas or propane going into them.

5. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    There has to be at least 50 to 100 new refrigerant s since R12 was discontinued and replacements came about. This industry is changing by the day and refrigerant is only one of many items. People with a higher pay grade are trying to figger it out and have to remember this isn't a USA problem it's the world if you believe in climate change. And if they do figger it out how long do you think it will stay?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in