Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    We were told a lot of things about POE oil.

Fifteen minutes is too short of a window. At least in the real world.

Obviously, we want to minimize the exposure. And I do everything I can to that end. Like after a recovery down to 20", I'll break that vacuum with nitro. Or when replacing a compressor that needs to be prepped the day before, I'll tape up the piping to help avoid moisture getting to the oil in the rest of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by hands View Post
    I have taken a few classes on R-410a and POE oil systems. We were told that if the system is open for more that 15 minuets, the oil should be changed.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Last warranty compressor I got a for a dry R22 unit (a few months ago) came with POE.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    You can get them any way you like...CSHANomenclature.pdf
    Crap, don't know if that PDF worked. Here's the link:. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...G_ikt6CoZXIwmD
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    I have taken a few classes on R-410a and POE oil systems. We were told that if the system is open for more that 15 minuets, the oil should be changed.
    You were lied to.

A good vacuum, an a new LLFD will take care of the moisture. Presuming you didn't let the system sit open for a year.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    You were lied to.

A good vacuum, an a new LLFD will take care of the moisture. Presuming you didn't let the system sit open for a year.
    So if a good vacuum and filter-drier will take care of moisture, why would it matter if it was open for a year?

Post Likes
    So if a good vacuum and filter-drier will take care of moisture, why would it matter if it was open for a year?
    Big difference on a system being open for an hour or 2 on a day when its not raining, and a system left open for a year with many days of rain and snow.

The amount of moisture sitting under the oil will be more than the average LLFD can hold(talking residential). So it would take several LLFD changes to get all the moisture out. So in that case dumping the oil out is faster and cheaper then changing the filter drier 3 or 4 times.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    If it came with minerals while you definitely want to stay with it it's Superior to p o e oils. Did you check the superheat? Hard to tell that well doesn't look that bad to me but a few bubbles possibly liquid refrigerant coming back? Check your superheat and channel probably be able to tell you what they want at the compressor probably around 15 to 20 degrees minimum at the compressor. The TXV that's flooding an evaporator can take out a compressor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123