Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    So new which side of the fence are you falling off on to? Inquiring minds want to know. Yeah. Join the winning team. Go Trump and save America from destruction at the hands of the commie Democrats. Thank you, thank you very mucyh
    I think you should know by now that I lean more to the right on most things. But I do try and be objective. And this thread is about a supposed red wave that is coming'. Trump says a lot of dumb things. But the Dems balance it out with a lot of dumb things of their own. All I'm saying is I think its going to be a tough, hard fought election on both sides. Unfortunately the Country is very divided and both sides are digging in with either far right or far left candidates. Neither one of those are my preference. But if I had to chose I would go to the right. My fear is that if we push too far to the right, we might get 'rewarded' with someone like Bernie Sanders as our next President.
    Red wave? Blue wave? I don't think anyone knows with any certainty at this point.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    While I agree abolishing ICE is an incredibly stupid idea. ICE is relatively new and the idea to abolish it isn’t to stop its functions, rather a re-organization of the duties
    Sadly... we all know what happens when the govt 're-organizes' things...

What we are told (public news) is NEVER what is really done...
    What is really done... is lots of stuff that favors polecats, govt increasing power, corporations getting rich, elites getting rich, elites being not accountable like us working stiffs, etc, etc, etc...

And ALL of the above dis-advantages of govt... ALWAYS happen on the backs of us working stiffs.

Remember: LESS govt... and do NOT trust the polecats... verify EVRYTHING they say... and assume there is always an ulterior motive to any BS line they throw at you (well, when a polecats mouth is moving, they are full of BS, so that means assume there is something bad every time a polecat speaks... which is what do not trust them means)...grin!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    While I agree abolishing ICE is an incredibly stupid idea. ICE is relatively new and the idea to abolish it isn’t to stop its functions, rather a re-organization of the duties
    You are softening the fringe rhetoric! They truly want NO border interference. Soros will not stop short of that.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Sadly... we all know what happens when the govt 're-organizes' things...

What we are told (public news) is NEVER what is really done...
    What is really done... is lots of stuff that favors polecats, govt increasing power, corporations getting rich, elites getting rich, elites being not accountable like us working stiffs, etc, etc, etc...

And ALL of the above dis-advantages of govt... ALWAYS happen on the backs of us working stiffs.

Remember: LESS govt... and do NOT trust the polecats... verify EVRYTHING they say... and assume there is always an ulterior motive to any BS line they throw at you (well, when a polecats mouth is moving, they are full of BS, so that means assume there is something bad every time a polecat speaks... which is what do not trust them means)...grin!
    Kind of funny to talk about less government in this situation since getting rid of ICE completely, including it's functions, would be... well, less government... LOL

5. Likes hvacker liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    You are softening the fringe rhetoric! They truly want NO border interference. Soros will not stop short of that.

I don't believe that. The problem I see is that the right justifiably wants to insure that foreigners don't get American rights. And the left wants to make sure foreigners get human rights. And they fight back and forth. While if we brought immigration out of the grey, and stopped the game of it... foreigners would both get human rights, while at the same time removing them from the rights of citizenship.

Post Likes
    The democrats started with ICE abolishment and screamed that until their accomplished liars stepped in and changed it to re-organize. The liars know claiming to abolish ICE would be a big mistake so you campaign on the lie it just needs fixed and they know just how to fix it.
    Roe v Wade gave a women the right to allow a "doctor" to murder her baby. I have heard the statement the government doesn't have the right to tell a women what she can do with her body but it isn't her body that gets killed. Most of the same people that argue that think if someone kills a baby the women wants in the womb even by accident they should be charged with murder. Since when does the government have the right to give private citizens power over life and death?
    The only way my mind can be changed on that is if you can prove you can walk on water.

Post Likes
    Kind of funny to talk about less government in this situation since getting rid of ICE completely, including it's functions, would be... well, less government... LOL
    Hmmm... lessee...

Last time I looked at Marian Websters.... rather than Wiki...

There IS a difference between less and none...

If the founders thought we could function without govt... they would not have formed a govt.
    A little govt is good... the alternative is warlords and oligarchs... think Russia.
    Problem is... we could get rid of 75-85% of the FEDS... and be better off.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Regarding immigration, last I heard, something like 80% of the country is against open borders. This a view shared equally by the voters in both parties. For the dems to run on a platform against that, would be [or is] very foolish.

Regarding abortion, strictly in the Constitutional sense, I don't believe it is a federal issue. It should be up to each state to make that decision. Same as marriage; not a federal issue. It should be up to each state to make whatever decision they want.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

10. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    I don't believe that. The problem I see is that the right justifiably wants to insure that foreigners don't get American rights. And the left wants to make sure foreigners get human rights. And they fight back and forth. While if we brought immigration out of the grey, and stopped the game of it... foreigners would both get human rights, while at the same time removing them from the rights of citizenship.
    It is not a human right to crash another country's border. Try going to NK uninvited and all other countries. Even Canada, you have to be groped to enter.

The US has Congressionally mandated rules, laws and regulations providing for immigration. People that follow the rules are welcome to come here, the lawless gate crashers can suck an egg.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

12. Likes WAYNE3298 liked this post
    Post Likes
    It is not a human right to crash another country's border. Try going to NK uninvited and all other countries. Even Canada, you have to be groped to enter.

The US has Congressionally mandated rules, laws and regulations providing for immigration. People that follow the rules are welcome to come here, the lawless gate crashers can suck an egg.
    Did you overlook where I said “justifiably?” I mean come on...

Post Likes
    I was looking into this a couple of weeks back. Seems it's not as clear as you might think. Like, it takes years and years to go through the process. And you need a sponsor, or a green card first, or a work visa helps, even a visa to go for high education. Seems like it is a jumble of a messed up process.

Which is why it is so much easier to just enter then claim refugee status.

Sort of like, it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

The US has Congressionally mandated rules, laws and regulations providing for immigration.
    People that follow the rules are welcome to come here, the lawless gate crashers can suck an egg.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I was looking into this a couple of weeks back. Seems it's not as clear as you might think. Like, it takes years and years to go through the process. And you need a sponsor, or a green card first, or a work visa helps, even a visa to go for high education. Seems like it is a jumble of a messed up process.

Which is why it is so much easier to just enter then claim refugee status.

Sort of like, it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
    It's a complete cluster....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    The big blue wave appears to be turning into a big red rout. After the election the big blue wave will be a bunch of democrats waving goodbye to their jobs in the house and senate. Who in the public sector will hire these losers?
    I'll just weigh in on this by saying it's a toss up at this point. I agree the Democrats haven't been inspiring in quite some time. HOWEVER:

Right now the stock market has ballooned and bonds are weak. Meanwhile the tariff war is escalating with Canada just imposing another round of retaliatory tariffs on US goods last weekend. Retaliatory tariffs do have the power to slow the US economy. Probably won't cause a recession but we certainly won't see much growth after that. Naturally that would cause the stock market to relax back down to 20,000. An event like this would give Democrats a lot of ammunition and it is possible for this to unfold in the next 3 months.

On the subject of tariffs can someone tell me WHY Trump is only putting tariffs on "unfinished" imported products. The whole point was to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US which I agree needs to happen. However, in our line of work imported finished products like ductless units for example are not being tariffed, but circuit parts and other spare parts are. It should have been the other way around if you ask me.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast