Post Likes

Scotsman DCE33 slow making ice

I'm new to ice machines but have been asked to look at this one. I have gone through the service manual but don't see technical specifications listed. I have studied it and understand how it should work.
    I don't see any signs of refridgerant leaks.The issue is that it takes at least an hour to make a batch of ice. I verified the water valve is not leaking through. I put a thermometer on the evaporator in the cube control socket and with no water running, it gets down to 9 degrees F quickly. With the water on, it gets below freezing quickly but takes a while to get down to around 17 F and that's about as low as it gets and it seems as if the cube control thermostat is not closing to turn the timer on. This is in a garage at about 85 degrees which is within the air temp specs of the manual.

I think I have narrowed it down to a refrigeration issue or cube control thermostat issue.

My questions are:

At what temp should the cube control thermostat close to start the timer?

What temp should the evaporator be at when water is spraying in 85 ambient temperature?

Thanks!

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    The cubes it makes are they complete? Does it lockout?
    Those dce are pretty slow only making about 30 lbs in 24 hrs.

4. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    The cubes are usually complete but the process is taking about 1 hour or longer instead of 30 minutes which is about half the stated rate. It runs the entire time so I would say it does not look out.

Post Likes
    if it's running at the upper end of the allowed ambient range, this may be the norm.

7. Likes tmt0269, DavidDeBord, mcr liked this post
    Post Likes
    By chance did you blow the condenser out. On some cmes I've been in the cond been having a fine power from the pollen in the air

9. Likes tmt0269, DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Thanks for the suggestion and I did blow the condenser out and no change. It wasn't very dusty and with a light behind it looks very clean.