+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testo Smart Probes -or- YJ P51-860???

Post Likes

Testo Smart Probes -or- YJ P51-860???

Here's my debate.

I have the old Testo 550's and they're great, but no bluetooth for reporting.

I have the Testo humidity sticks, hot-wire anemometer, and 420 flow hood, all have bluetooth.

I also have the iConnect kit for full in depth reporting if necessary, but want something for a quick connections during installations and routine service calls. Right now I find myself using the Testo humidity stick for a quick target SH, and then the 550 gauges for the refrigerant connections.

I use separate hoses and BluVac Pro for evacuations.

After reading a thread about the YJ P51-860 I'm intrigued especially at a price tag well under $300.
    I'm just bummed there are no air probes available from them.

So, which would you go with the refer smart probe kit or the YJ P51-860?
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    So, I decided to go with the Testo probes. They were including a full compact case for all of my Testo probes and a free humidity stick. I also had some TTT bucks to spend and they don’t carry YJ.

Just used them for the first time today, and I’m very pleased. I bought the anti-blowback 90° adapters with the kit and they work great. It’s nice not having to attach wires to the temp clamps or having to deal with hoses.
    They connect much quicker than the iConnect, but of course don’t have the range which isn’t an issue in most cases.

My only issue is with the case. The handle is on the hinged side. I guess I can sew handles on the split side like a briefcase.

I still like the P51-870, so I may still pick one up down the road if they come out with some air probes.

Post Likes
    Im very happy with the 860s. But if they did come out with some probes that did static pressure and db/wb all on the same probe/app i would probably get them.

Sometimes even seasoned techs blame txvs for low air flow ive seen it and done it, amongst other things. Then the occasional heater stuck on.... if they do make them i hope they are capable of just being jammed into a duct board plenum.

Post Likes
    Sounds like you made the right choice. You already have a digital manifold tool you like, and the full blown I-connect rig.

So the testo probes seem like a good in between set up.

Do follow up with a more in depth review once you’ve seasoned the tools a bit in different job sites. App connection issues, tool durability, etc...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Does anyone know if Testo has any plans to update their range on the smart probes or make them work directly with measurequick? I’m wanting to buy a set of wireless probes, but I can’t decide which brand. iManifold it just too much money right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Seriously doubt they are going to increase their range, but that would be nice.
    They work pretty well for me so far. I don't have to lug around a manifold set with hoses and wires anymore. The range isn't too much of an issue unless you're doing full system testing, and need real time data.
    I'm pretty sure Measurequick already supports Testo Smart Probes.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in