Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psehunter View Post
    One way involves pulling the charge and starting from scratch the other does not. I would bet 100 bucks that says pulling and starting from scratch fixes OP problem.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Here we go!!! BASED ON WHAT INFO???????? I think. I feel, It just gotta be NCG!!!!! PROVE IT, PROVE IT,PROVE IT, unless you can't of course!! And if you can't. then turn in your "wings".

Post Likes
    I "just know" that comp is bad!!!! I just know that 15HP Scroll is bad to the bone!!!! I just know it!!!

Post Likes
    Considering the basic heat transfer equation, Q=U x A x Delta T, the condenser area (A) has been selected to reject the proper amount of heat (Q) based on the heat transfer coefficient
    of the refrigerant (U) and the difference in temperature between the air and the refrigerant

A non-condensable gas will remain a vapor inthe condenser. It will not flow to the outlet like liquid refrigerant does, but instead it will remain trapped inside the condenser tubing. This will do
    two things; 1) the surface area taken up by the NCG will not be available for the refrigerant to use for heat transfer (A goes down), and 2) the air will reduce the overall heat transfer coefficient of the vapor inside the tube (U goes down). In order to get the same total heat rejected, the heat transfer equation shows that if A and U go down, then Delta T has to go up. In other words, the refrigerant temperature has to go higher compared to the air temp.

Why does HP go up and down?..... NCG is trapped in the condenser ... the refrigerant ... "cycle"
    If ALL of that crap is TRUE, then WHY IN THE WORLD did you not declare that in the 1st place???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    I "just know" that comp is bad!!!! I just know that 15HP Scroll is bad to the bone!!!! I just know it!!!
    Write it up!!! don't forget a LL drier and contactor when you change out the compressor!

Post Likes
    Write it up!!! don't forget a LL drier and contactor when you change out the compressor!
    Lets not forget that "I" get "credit/points/coupons" for that big ass job even though it was really only a contactor.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Lets not forget that "I" get "credit/points/coupons" for that big ass job even though it was really only a contactor.
    You get the bank full of cash...

Post Likes
    You get the bank full of cash...
    Stick your cash where the sun don't shine, I'll do my "honest but poor" practice every day.

8. Likes HVAC_Marc, BALloyd liked this post
    Post Likes
    You 2 got somethin’ you need to work out?
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    I think we just witnessed a solicitation for sexual favors, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I second the thought of letting temperature come to equilibrium with outdoor temp, then checking through a PT chart.

I’m going to keep this in my mental toolbox, because it is non-invasive, cheap, fairly definitave and just makes sense. .. if it is pure... it will be bang on..... if littered with bastard gas or non consumable elements... it will be off.

Good call.

12. Likes psehunter liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    I think I need to buy him a bottle of Yukon jack lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    To the OP, Why not finish the troubleshooting? Use the tools and techniques you should have been taught instead of guessing

How old is the machine, has it ever been worked on, probably not but there is a potential of mixed refrgerants if it has been worked on. When was the condenser coil last cleaned. is the filter clean? What are the amps? What is the air delta t across the evap, what is the air delta T across the condensor. Any icing on the evap coil?

Post Likes
    What brand and model of unit?
    Are there 2 txv’s for 1 circuit?
    Are there 2 compressors for 1 circuit? (Tandem compressors)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast