Post Likes

WebCTRL 6: Only one campus is unable to connect read network points on a large system

I've got a multi-campus system, each system looking at individual network points from one program on an LGR. Everybody is happy except one place. Mapping it to anything inside the site works fine, but trying to map it to any point on another campus leaves you staring at "Waiting for I am device."

I've made sure the target point is network visible and that com is enabled on the ANI, and I've tried binding it to points that worked on the other sites with the same result; seems to me something is preventing ANIs under this LGR from binding to outside points. Anybody know what that might be? The whole system, problem site included, is on the open internet.

Post Likes
    Edit: I've also zapped and re-downloaded the LGR and individual controllers to no effect.

Post Likes
    Sounds like a network config issue. From the LGR in question, can you ping other LGRs? Are trends and alarms getting through?

Could be BBMD, could be NAT, could be a million things. Can you share network diagram scrubbed of any identifying info?

Post Likes
    If it's on the internet I really hope you are using the whitelisting "firewall" driver feature. If so you need to add all the other public IP addresses to the driver whitelist. You can double check it's working and not leaving BACnet exposed with the ALC share site; http://alcshare.com/content/bacscan

Assuming this is a NAT situation too, double check all IP addresses and net masks that document the NAT in sitebuilder. Finally double check port forwarding everywhere.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by loopypid View Post
    Sounds like a network config issue. From the LGR in question, can you ping other LGRs? Are trends and alarms getting through?

Could be BBMD, could be NAT, could be a million things. Can you share network diagram scrubbed of any identifying info?
    Yes, yes and yes.

The network diagram is fairly simple: one bacnet/ip network with about 15 LGRs.

Post Likes
    BBMD or NAT?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    BBMD or NAT?
    NAT

Post Likes
    Wireshark/Bacscope at problem LGR. Is FDR enabled?

Post Likes
    What's fdr?

Post Likes
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

Or

Foreign Device Registration

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    NAT
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    A network diagram would help. NAT is not a really simple setup. Mapping it out and thinking about how the information flows and rechecking the details will likely go a long way here.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemikemike View Post
    What's fdr?
    Just double check your NAT setup. I've seen FDR enabled with nat..BBMD tables with nat..Weird stuff happens, sorta kinda works some of the time.. Wipe it all clean then nat it.
    Controls, the cause of... and solution to... all your HVAC problems.