+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Control Panel Getting Better

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Control Panel Getting Better

Nowhere near as professional as some of the artists on this site, but it turned out better than most of the stuff I’ve seen in the field.

Pretty straight forward Heat pump, Air conditioning, HW boiler coil for low ambients, 6 zones, VFD blower.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    looks good for what you had to work with at least you can see what wire goes to what and have room to work in the cabanet.
    i would have put the power wireing to the transformer in loom tubeing or the like just to neaten it up a bit.
    but thats it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    Nowhere near as professional as some of the artists on this site, but it turned out better than most of the stuff I’ve seen in the field.

Pretty straight forward Heat pump, Air conditioning, HW boiler coil for low ambients, 6 zones, VFD blower.
    Nice effort. Unfortunately some very dangerous and illegal wiring; it appears that class 1 and 2 wiring are in the same panel which exposes the technicians to potential of explosive results in the event of shorts between the two classes of wiring.
    Get the 120VAC out of the panel; keep the 24vac below 100 va, and use the correctly insulated and fused wires.
    Nice effort, keeping it clean and simple with lots of room, are all good things to keep doing!!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Post Likes
    Thanks dracula. I remounted the transformer so the primary wires are outside the panel in a j-box

Post Likes
    so can we see the updated panel?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    so can we see the updated panel?
    Yep. Next time I get there. The only difference is the transformer is turned 180, and the wires go out a knockout on the bottom

Post Likes
    that makes a good panel an excellent panel as you learned from a suggestion and made your panel skills better

Post Likes
    I'm not sure if it's necessarily a code violation, but solid conductors don't tend to do very well with crimped terminals.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    I'm not sure if it's necessarily a code violation, but solid conductors don't tend to do very well with crimped terminals.

Nothing like several 18ga solid wire tstat connections with yellow 10-12ga terminals...drives me crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I agree. Solid wires and crimps don’t work very well. All of these wires are stranded except the green wire from the 24v com terminal block to the cabinet ground.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    I agree. Solid wires and crimps don’t work very well. All of these wires are stranded except the green wire from the 24v com terminal block to the cabinet ground.
    My apologies- it looked like regular t-stat wire going to the contactor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in