Post Likes

Is this working as intended or is it not working as it should?

got a model GSZ140241KH goodman ac unit, and a ARUF25B14AB goodman heater
    it has been installed 3-4 days now it's good at night but I feel like it should be cooler during the day temperature refuses to drop below 73
    Location Virginia Beach
    Size of house is 1,400 sqft.

Thermostat set for cool 69 fan is on auto
    temperatures for today are

83 Degrees outside with 30% humidity 73 inside wont go below 73 morning
    83 Degrees outside and it's now at 74 inside in the afternoon

Called a tech out and he said nothing wrong with the system, just needed to speed the fans up and add more coolant and give the system a week to break in
    2 hours have passed and it's now 87 outside 76 inside.
    also one air vent is slowly dripping water *edit* the dripping has halted after he changed the speed of the fan

Is this working as intended and these units can't drop below 73?

if needed or I missed some information please let me know I can take a video or pictures of the machines and will blur the name of the installing company, I don't name or shame.

Post Likes
    Something not right.

And an A/C doesn't break in. He was stalling you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Proper location of outdoor unit from walls other units etc. depending if you have a TXV or piston metering device to set up by superheat or subcooling. Static pressure checked? Return duct not pulling in warm ambient air into ductwork? Ask them if they set up the field refrigerant charge to manufacturer spec.

What is your temperature reading between the supply register and the return using a non infrared accurate thermometer.

A lot of the time when a register drips or has water on it, it's due to the register boot on the other side of the register is not insulated and it's condensing ( metal boot )

Looked up the GSZ14 to your ARUF it's at least a matched system.

Was this new unit a direct replacement for a existing 2 ton, if so how did the old unit cool?
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 06-14-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    We don't post install manuals in the AOP forums.

Here's the install guide, shows how to set up unit.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    OK

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Proper location of outdoor unit from walls other units etc. depending if you have a TXV or piston metering device to set up by superheat or subcooling. Static pressure checked? Return duct not pulling in warm ambient air into ductwork? Ask them if they set up the field refrigerant charge to manufacturer spec.

What is your temperature reading between the supply register and the return using a non infrared accurate thermometer.

A lot of the time when a register drips or has water on it, it's due to the register boot on the other side of the register is not insulated and it's condensing ( metal boot )

Was this new unit a direct replacement for a existing 2 ton, if so how did the old unit cool?
    The old unit was old and did not work when the house was purchased it was around 13-14 years old and this new setup was a direct replacement to the old system, also why would he be stalling me.. this is all very frustrating they charged me $ for a system that's apparently not working correctly :/

I'll be calling them back what exact question should I be asking them?

Also thank you for your time replying to this post.
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-15-2018 at 04:22 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Svef View Post

Called a tech out and he said nothing wrong with the system, just needed to speed the fans up and add more coolant and give the system a week to break in
    2 hours have passed and it's now 87 outside 76 inside.
    also one air vent is slowly dripping water *edit* the dripping has halted after he changed the speed of the fan
    Brand new units installed and on being called out for it not performing to your expectations they say there is nothing wrong with it BUT!!!! they sped up the fan, added more coolant and said it had to break in?

Ask them to tell you what the measured CFM, total static pressure, super-heat and sub-cooling were that the install crew and second tech wrote on their paperwork that they turned into the office. My guess is no one has a clue and without that information having been measured they have no clue whether it's working right or not.

As said before there is no such thing as a break-in period. They probably meant break-down period (the amount of time it is going to take for you to give up and accept that your system isn't going to perform any better no matter how many times you call).
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Post Likes
    13-14 years is not old. he's stalling because he wants you to go away and accept what you have, and likely doesnt know how to fix it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Svef View Post
    The old unit was old and did not work when the house was purchased it was around 13-14 years old and this new setup was a direct replacement to the old system, also why would he be stalling me.. this is all very frustrating they charged me $ for a system that's apparently not working correctly :/

I'll be calling them back what exact question should I be asking them?

Also thank you for your time replying to this post.
    For now until they come back, check the supply register closest to the fan section and near the fan section return with a accurate thermometer. After system been running for 20 minutes. Should be somewhere around 20 degree give or take. Then recheck after they make repairs to compare...

When he increased your fan speed does your supply registers whistle?