Post Likes

Compressor Platform Monitoring System

I got a question for all of you.

I got a guy that works with me and he is pretty savy with electronics and programming and in his practicing works and getting more advanced we were joking about him making a program and building a system that monitors temperatures from thermometers and feed it into an electronic display which he programs to show each different system with different measuring points.

The way our setup here is that we have a platform with 8 or so systems on it, all water cooled systems, mainly R22 with recievers so I told him I wanted 3 or 4 different probes for each system and i was originally thinking to put 1 on the suction line a foot or so back from the comp, 1 on the shell of the compressor and 1 on the inlet of the condenser and 1 on the outlet before the receiver, then insulate the probe with the black goopy stuff......... use it on TXV bulbs.. what's the name........... Cortex?

Danish people, memory like a goldfish sometimes. I can't remember for the life of me but I think you know.

This would be done for me as the service tech so that I can monitor these temperatures, it would include a minimum and maximum reading so you can see the lowest it went to or highest it went to and a data logger you can check when you feel like it.

My concept was that I can see what the pipe temp is coming back from the evap and would be able to see if it changes, same with the comp and with the condenser. I think this would give me some benefits in daily or weekly checkups and kind of a "spot check" one each system to see for example if they are leaking by, I would notice a difference over a bit of time but would catch it before it got too far. They all are walk in fridges maintaining about the same temp with 2 freezers and 1 blast chiller.

What do you guys think? Could I place the probes more efficiently?

It's pretty cool what he's got cooking up.

Post Likes
    Sounds pretty cool. You could push all the info to the cloud and be able to access it anywhere anytime. Add high and low parameters with an alarm that sends out an email or text when something goes to far out of its operating range.

I’d probably put the sensors on the discharge line, liquid line, evap outlet and on the suction line near the compressor.

And hey, you could put some of these on too.

http://www.transducersdirect.com/pro...e-transducers/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    Sounds pretty cool. You could push all the info to the cloud and be able to access it anywhere anytime. Add high and low parameters with an alarm that sends out an email or text when something goes to far out of its operating range.

I’d probably put the sensors on the discharge line, liquid line, evap outlet and on the suction line near the compressor.

And hey, you could put some of these on too.

http://www.transducersdirect.com/pro...e-transducers/
    Haha, no need for all the cloud access, its all in house and I am here all day, that would be cool too though.

The low and high alarm so to speak would be cool too, I forgot to mention it but there will be some form of alarm notifier on it that will at least flash a light if one of the systems go above or below their min or max values, which, setting those is going to be interesting as I am going off pipe temp.

Okay, we are too far from the evap to really have it be able to go that far, we are trying to keep everything measured on the platform so without the evap, we can do all the other ones.

would comp shell temp be useful at all?

N'awlins Dawlin' USA and Palmares Costa Rica
    Post Likes
    Looks like you're planning on sticking around there!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davejohnsonnola View Post
    Looks like you're planning on sticking around there!
    Lol, Well, yeah.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivero View Post
    would comp shell temp be useful at all?
    I don’t think there’s any such thing as too much data!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    I don’t think there’s any such thing as too much data!!
    Compressor Shell fading paint detector?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Compressor Shell fading paint detector?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Lol, the comps are inside, I doubt the paint will fade much.....