Post Likes

Need Trane Air handler 4TEE3C05A1000AA Wire Specs

I was wondering if anybody is familiar with this Trane air handler unit. It is variable speed has control module where you can adjust CFM etc. The fan will not turn on in auto or on position, controller with orange buttons lights up but has no info on it and board flashing 3 lights " blower comm error". Blower has 240v at one harness other harness has four wires labeled VCC, tx,tx,com. Had 12v between VCC and com wire. Not sure what I should see with RX or TX wire for voltage DC or AC. Spoke with Trane rep advised to replace blower, module interface, ribbon cable and board. He was not able to tell me what I should see at TX RX wires. Weird thing is another company already replaced blower, board, module, cable ribbon in 2015 for same issue. Any one familiar with what you should see at wires at blower?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by colnago View Post
    Need Trane Air handler 4TEE3C05A1000AA Wire Specs

Weird thing is another company already replaced blower, board, module, cable ribbon in 2015 for same issue. Any one familiar with what you should see at wires at blower?
    At 89 posts, I’m sure you know the rules of this forum - we do not post manuals, wiring diagrams, or go into detailed troubleshooting, as everything we say can be indexed by a search engine.

With that said, here is some general guidance:

1. The Motor module receives the command signal and replies back to the indoor Air Handler Control (AHC) board. These motor modules are not preprogrammed at the factory. The horsepower, operating speeds, maximum RPM and direction of rotation information are stored in the “Personality Module”, which is located on the AHC.

2. The 12 volts out of the AHC’s VCC terminal is used to power the motor modules Input (RX) and Output (TX) circuits. What is actually measured on the RX TX terminals during motor operation, is not listed in any Trane publication that I know of.

3. Putting 24v directly from the AHC to the motor 4 pin plug should cause the motor to operate at a reduced speed after a short delay. This will tell you if it is the board or module.

4. There was a bulletin many years ago that stated if the system is set up using 24v control, instead of communicating control, the motor may not operate when using an older control board.

5. The manuals on this air handler state, a communication fault will appear if line voltage is removed from the V.S. Motor module, and the AHC system is then re-powered.

Questions:

1. Are you using communicating control or 24v control?

2. What is the model number of the control board (CNT*****)?

3. Have you tried to operate the motor in “Unit Test Mode” via the User Interface Information Menu?

Last but not least:

1. Look for the “Service Facts” inside the unit. They do provide more detail on testing.

2. Get that application in to become a “PRO” member, where we can go into more detail, if you ask these type of questions inside the “LOCKED” Pro forums.

3. Put an email address in your Profile, so we can communicate with you outside this forum.

4. Hope this helps.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Sorry about that. Also thanks for the information. It is using communication control. Can not operate in unit test mode because the interface controller does not show any info just lights up green.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by colnago View Post
    Can not operate in unit test mode because the interface controller does not show any info just lights up green.
    There was also a bulletin on the "User Interface" being blank.

Specific testing would revel if the display needed to be replaced.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.