Post Likes

How do you connect to a bacnet Spyder with your laptop?

I created a station and added an MSTP network. I am getting a fault because I think it doesn't recognize my USB to RS485 converter as a bancet device.

Post Likes
    Hi,

check under device manager your COM port number, in MstpPort network enter COM port and adjust baudrate.
    Your computer is your local device.

Post Likes
    It shows up as COM15 and I entered that unsuccessfully.

javax.baja.sys.ServiceNotFoundException: platMstp:BacnetMstpPlatformService
    at com.tridium.sys.service.ServiceManager.getService( ServiceManager.java:60)
    at javax.baja.sys.Sys.getService(Sys.java:248)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.link.mstp.BBacnetMstpLink Layer.getPlatformService(BBacnetMstpLinkLayer.java :485)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.link.mstp.BBacnetMstpLink Layer.linkCommStart(BBacnetMstpLinkLayer.java:506)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.link.BBacnetLinkLayer.lin kStart(BBacnetLinkLayer.java:91)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.network.BNetworkPort.doEn able(BNetworkPort.java:436)
    at auto.com_tridium_bacnet_stack_network_BNetworkPort .invoke(AutoGenerated)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComponentSlotMap.invoke(Com ponentSlotMap.java:1602)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComponentSlotMap.invoke(Com ponentSlotMap.java:1567)
    at javax.baja.sys.BComponent.invoke(BComponent.java:1 098)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.network.BNetworkPort.enab le(BNetworkPort.java:338)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.network.BNetworkPort.chan ged(BNetworkPort.java:607)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComponentSlotMap.fireCompon entEvent(ComponentSlotMap.java:1003)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComponentSlotMap.modified(C omponentSlotMap.java:905)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComplexSlotMap.set(ComplexS lotMap.java:830)
    at javax.baja.sys.BComplex.set(BComplex.java:650)
    at javax.baja.sync.SetOp.commit(SetOp.java:83)
    at javax.baja.sync.SyncBuffer.commitOp(SyncBuffer.jav a:279)
    at javax.baja.sync.SyncBuffer.commit(SyncBuffer.java: 228)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel.syncToMa ster(BBrokerChannel.java:1791)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel.circuitO pened(BBrokerChannel.java:206)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.BFoxConnection.circuitOpened(B FoxConnection.java:387)
    at com.tridium.fox.session.SessionCircuits$ServiceThr ead.run(SessionCircuits.java:313)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    WARNING [09:03:55 13-Jun-18 EDT][bacnet.network] Cannot enable BACnet network port: NetworkPort: id=2 net=2 enabled max=2147483647 link=MAC 0 on COM15 at Baud _38400:java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.link.mstp.BBacnetMstpLink Layer.linkCommStart(BBacnetMstpLinkLayer.java:506)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.link.BBacnetLinkLayer.lin kStart(BBacnetLinkLayer.java:91)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.network.BNetworkPort.doEn able(BNetworkPort.java:436)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.network.BNetworkPort.chan ged(BNetworkPort.java:607)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComponentSlotMap.fireCompon entEvent(ComponentSlotMap.java:1003)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel.syncToMa ster(BBrokerChannel.java:1791)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel.circuitO pened(BBrokerChannel.java:206)

Post Likes
    It shows up as COM15 and I entered that unsuccessfully. When I try to enable the IP port it says [DISCONNECTED[ ]DISABLED]

javax.baja.sys.ServiceNotFoundException: platMstp:BacnetMstpPlatformService
    at com.tridium.sys.service.ServiceManager.getService( ServiceManager.java:60)
    at javax.baja.sys.Sys.getService(Sys.java:248)
    at com.tridium.bacnet.stack.link.mstp.BBacnetMstpLink Layer.getPlatformService(BBacnetMstpLinkLayer.java :485)
    at com.tridium.fox.session.SessionCircuits$ServiceThr ead.run(SessionCircuits.java:313)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    WARNING [09:03:55 13-Jun-18 EDT][bacnet.network] Cannot enable BACnet network port: NetworkPort: id=2 net=2 enabled max=2147483647 link=MAC 0 on COM15 at Baud _38400:java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException

Post Likes
    What about using an IP to MSTP routers such as the KMC BAC-5051E or CC BASRTB-P? Alleviates at lot of connectivity issues.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

6. Likes ECSTech liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    What about using an IP to MSTP router
    That's what I was thinking about but when I try to enable the IP it says Disconnected Disabled. That's what I was wondering what others are doing. Is this trying to be a soft jace or something?

Post Likes
    Looking at your java gibberish guessing your off in the weeds with your bacnet jars.

First error service not found translates to your missing something.

Second on looks like it's part of the spudder bacnet driver.

You need to use the spudder bacnet driver if you want to program them. From the looks of it you have parts of the standard bacnet driver and the bastardized spudder driver installed which will certainly disturb the spudder station infection.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJoeJimBob View Post
    That's what I was thinking about but when I try to enable the IP it says Disconnected Disabled. That's what I was wondering what others are doing. Is this trying to be a soft jace or something?

Ensure that router is plugged in before starting the station. The station won't recognize the router being plugged in after is starts.

I was under the impression that a station running on windows won't allow for COM ports to initialize. I don't even have a COM port service under my station backups.

Post Likes
    1. Never heard about being able to use usb to rs485 on a pc version. But if people know for sure I’m interested in how it’s setup.
    2. Preferably always with that jobs Jaces, but I’d do bacnet Ip to a router then to the spyder. You need to make sure to set you bacnet local device to an actual instance, and then under adapters select the right IP with you LAN and then turn enabled to enable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bolt950rider View Post
    1. Never heard about being able to use usb to rs485 on a pc version
    News to me as well. SoftJace maybe? N4 drop this restriction? AX engineering WB, its not happening.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/