Thread: HVAC/R

Post Likes

HVAC/R

How many types of defrost system are there? Which one do you think is the easiest and which one is the hardest to work on?

Post Likes
    Easiest is "turn it off and call me when it's thawed".

Hardest is when you have the customer yelling at you and telling you he's going to kill you, all while standing over you holding sharp instruments or objects that throw projectiles and blaming you for some other hack's mistakes because of his cheapness.

Any other questions?

3. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Defrost system is used in refrigeration and it is based on product temperature - include off-cycle, forced off-cycle, water spray, electric resistant heat, and hot gas defrost.

5. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Easiest is probably just off cycle defrost on med temp.
    Timers are pretty straight forward, set what times you want it to defrost at and make sure theres power. Only issues I've ran with these are people making the defrost cycles too long and allowing the box temp to rise. I've dealt with this in morgue coolers. Last thing you want is a body cooler out of temp with bodies in it. Granted I've smelled dead bodies that have been rotting in the Iraqi sun, but it's worse when it's in a small enclosed space with no ventilation.

Worst is trying to replace electric heaters on a very tight medical reach in freezer. Mainly because it's just an awkward angle and the shelves are a pain to remove.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven77 View Post
    How many types of defrost system are there? Which one do you think is the easiest and which one is the hardest to work on?
    The Sun.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    There are 2 types, those that work and those that so not. The ones that work are the easiest to work on, and the ones that don't are the hardest. This is from experience on heat pumps, refrigeration I never work on.

9. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post