Post Likes

N2 Point Not Updating on Johnson Controls NAE

Today I was working on a Johnson Controls Metasys system. I was working on a unit ventilator that used to have a UNT controller on it, but it has now been retrofitted to a PCG2611 controller controller. The new PCG controller is operating normally, and controlling everything as intended, but one of the points isn't updating on the NAE correctly. This system utilizes a summer/winter change-over due to it being a 2 pipe system. The NAE tells the unit ventilator when to change over globally. I have simulated winter and summer commands, and the PCG controller responds to the command normally. I logged into the PCG with PCT, and monitored the summer/winter command in commissioning mode. The command comes through to the field controller normally. The problem is the point under the device in the NAE isn't updating its read value. I checked the network address for the point in the NAE, and it matches the point mapping network address in the PCG controller.

I checked the priority array within the point in the NAE, and you can see where priority 16 is responding to the WRITE value. What ever value is in the priority matches up with what I am showing in PCT. However the interface value in the NAE is still showing the wrong value all of the time. I have tried writing at different priorities with no success. If I perform a operator override the value with update in the NAE just fine. It will also carry down to the field device which I verified through PCT. What can prevent a N2 point from updating its READ value in the NAE? Like I said the point is being written to the device correctly, and the unit physically functions normally. It is just confusing to look at the status of the read value because it isn't reflecting the true value. This issue was also occurring when the controller was a UNT controller.

Any help would be appreciated.
    J. King

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    Today I was working on a Johnson Controls Metasys system. I was working on a unit ventilator that used to have a UNT controller on it, but it has now been retrofitted to a PCG2611 controller controller. The new PCG controller is operating normally, and controlling everything as intended, but one of the points isn't updating on the NAE correctly. This system utilizes a summer/winter change-over due to it being a 2 pipe system. The NAE tells the unit ventilator when to change over globally. I have simulated winter and summer commands, and the PCG controller responds to the command normally. I logged into the PCG with PCT, and monitored the summer/winter command in commissioning mode. The command comes through to the field controller normally. The problem is the point under the device in the NAE isn't updating its read value. I checked the network address for the point in the NAE, and it matches the point mapping network address in the PCG controller.

I checked the priority array within the point in the NAE, and you can see where priority 16 is responding to the WRITE value. What ever value is in the priority matches up with what I am showing in PCT. However the interface value in the NAE is still showing the wrong value all of the time. I have tried writing at different priorities with no success. If I perform a operator override the value with update in the NAE just fine. It will also carry down to the field device which I verified through PCT. What can prevent a N2 point from updating its READ value in the NAE? Like I said the point is being written to the device correctly, and the unit physically functions normally. It is just confusing to look at the status of the read value because it isn't reflecting the true value. This issue was also occurring when the controller was a UNT controller.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Nevermind. It was a problem within the NAE. I basically deleted the point, and brought it back in again. I linked it back to the global summer/winter command, and now everything is reading normally again. I just wouldn't of thought this would of made any difference.
    J. King