Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    I'm using the bluevac professional vacuum gauge, when I connect the gauge straight to my vacuum pump with a ball service valve (blank off) from appion to close the flow. The gauge itself goes from 80 micron to 2000 micron within a minute. I'm guessing I got a faulty hardware? When I called the bluevac customer service about my situation they told me to connect the gauge straight onto my vacuum pump without any adapter and if it goes down to 50 micron then my gauge is good. But first off I have to use a female to female 1/4 inch adapter to connect the gauge to my pump, and if i don't have a shut off in between they oil from the pump will get sucked into the sensor port. Anyway, so i did as told and the gauge goes to 50 micron. They said your good, the gauge is good...

Post Likes
    check your hoses for leaks under pressure

Post Likes
    The gage is good. You have to realize the volume difference between that small, 1/4” port and the “large” volume of even the smallest residential system. There is no comparison. A few molecules in that small port on your vacuum pump will change the pressure a bunch.
    Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Political Correctness is forced on you because you have forgotten decency.

Technically speaking, they are all heat pumps.

Post Likes
    what caused this thread to go to megapixels on my screen? geez...

Post Likes
    Ill say this, im not the vacuum expert that alot of guys on are but ive had the the opportunity to let a few systems set under nitrogen pressure for over 2 days.

Those systems always pull down super fast, like a residential full system pulling down below 500microns in about a minute. And a 40ton system pulling down below 1500 microns in less than a half hour.

On the other side of the spectrum ive done >5 ton compressor change in below zero weather. You cant even pull a vacuum enough to get the refrigerant to stop burning your face while you unsweat the lines.

Most of the vacuum you are pulling is separating refrigerant from the oil. Thats too much work and too much variables for me to do it consistently. Vacuums and rises are not good leak tests. I dont care what anyone says unless they let it set with nitrogen first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes hvacskills liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff ZiRui Gao View Post
    I'm using the bluevac professional vacuum gauge, when I connect the gauge straight to my vacuum pump with a ball service valve (blank off) from appion to close the flow. The gauge itself goes from 80 micron to 2000 micron within a minute. I'm guessing I got a faulty hardware? When I called the bluevac customer service about my situation they told me to connect the gauge straight onto my vacuum pump without any adapter and if it goes down to 50 micron then my gauge is good. But first off I have to use a female to female 1/4 inch adapter to connect the gauge to my pump, and if i don't have a shut off in between they oil from the pump will get sucked into the sensor port. Anyway, so i did as told and the gauge goes to 50 micron. They said your good, the gauge is good...
    There will be trapped gas in the ball valve that gets released when you close the valve causing the gauge to jump not to mention the rise is normal to show very quickly on something that small. Gauge and pump sound good. Going to need to run that for a day or so to dry it out and even then the ball valve will probably off gas and leak.

Post Likes
    Each manufacturer has their own specs on vacuums, large tonnage centrifugal s have a low micron spec and a rise in microns in a certain time frame, plus they have a purge unit. If and when you pull a vacuum on a compressor with a sight glass that is covered you will see bubbles flowing up through the oil. Could be refrigerant or moisture. I seen systems were vacuum would stay at 1200 microns bubbles in oil for hour's changed oil pulled right down to 500.
    There are two things to know ,there are industry standards and industry practices

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345