Post Likes

ac unit runs great, cold 44* ceiling vent,64 degrees wall,startup stalls,then runs ok

Hi all, I'm Alex, I'm 74 yrs old/young, Our AC unit stalls 1 sec after start, delays 5 min,restarts,stalls in 1 sec, I just changed the delay to 3 mins. This situation is 5 days old,I installed new Thermostat,4 wire non-programable, delay timer, 3,5,10 min adjustable, new contactor. I just returned to ask for help and the AC unit that is 23 yrs young just started 3 times and ran perfectly after I changed the delay to 3 minuder City NV 89005 it is 104 degrees in the shade.The AC ran perfectly 3 times,vent65/room 80.I'm a newbie who like to get it done The 44 degrees temp from the ceiling vent was at 4am with a outside temp of 67.now the 4 start just stalled after 1 sec, "Lets see" what happens after a 3 min delay.It just started and is running and i'm praying for success.I'll post in 24 hrs with a update, until then please reply to me any advi

Post Likes
    what you are doing is considered DIY by the site rules. We cannot assist with that. You really should get a qualified tech onsite rather than just replace parts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenight44 View Post
    Hi all, I'm Alex, I'm 74 yrs old/young, Our AC unit stalls 1 sec after start, delays 5 min,restarts,stalls in 1 sec, I just changed the delay to 3 mins. This situation is 5 days old,I installed new Thermostat,4 wire non-programable, delay timer, 3,5,10 min adjustable, new contactor. I just returned to ask for help and the AC unit that is 23 yrs young just started 3 times and ran perfectly after I changed the delay to 3 minuder City NV 89005 it is 104 degrees in the shade.The AC ran perfectly 3 times,vent65/room 80.I'm a newbie who like to get it done The 44 degrees temp from the ceiling vent was at 4am with a outside temp of 67.now the 4 start just stalled after 1 sec, "Lets see" what happens after a 3 min delay.It just started and is running and i'm praying for success.I'll post in 24 hrs with a update, until then please reply to me any advi
    There’s other things causing your issues.
    Please call a professional before you do damage.

Post Likes
    Your post should be in the AOP forum for Asking Our Pros.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    What happens if you set the stat for no delay?

Was 'five days ago' when the thermostats were replaced by any chance? <g>

You should definitely get your AC contractor to install a nice 'hard start kit' for your condensing unit. A 5-2-1 kit would be my preference.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by bluenight44 View Post
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Sorry per site rules no DIY.
    Thread closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk