Post Likes

Mastercool Manifold Gauge

My 99661-AR Mastercool digital manifold gauges are screwed up! Currently when they say 90 psi it is actually at 76 psi. I have checked them against two different sets of gauges, both of them read the same so I am pretty sure that it is the mastercool gauges that are off!

My question is does anyone know if they can be re-calibrated? There is nothing in the paper work that talks about being able to do that!

If I can't calibrate them then does anyone know of an affordable and dependable brand that I should look at?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Fire

Post Likes
    Page 3 in the instructions shows a way to zero the gauges, as I read it.

Disconnect the hoses, expose to atmosphere and zero.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    buy new ones, send those to me. I like broken stuff

Post Likes
    14 psi off, sound like psia to me.

5. Likes ch4man liked this post
    Post Likes
    Good News! At least for me!!! I went to the Mastercool web site and found directions on how to calibrate them. It was not for my exact model but the procedure was the same. I followed the directions and calibrated them. Matched them up with a new set of yellow jackets!

Sorry Marc, I think I will keep them, but I do have a shop full of broken crap I would love to see go away!

7. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    It's OK...