Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    4 ton in a mobile home? Good luck with that!!

the static pressure has to be out of this world! are the ducts blown apart? can they even handle 1600 cfm?
    MH units are not suppose to move 400 CFM per ton. At least not once you get over 2 tons.

Down load the specs on a MH air handler, and you'll see they move very little air per ton of A/C.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UrAverageAguy View Post
    I think mobile homes deserve their own special pricing for service work. At least for most of them I work on its a complete nightmare from start to finish. Im glad to hear you dont have 4 tons on a single wide though lol

Either bite the bullet and install a correct duct system/ unit or take the punch and go ductless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ive only dealt with mobile home units several times in the field and the only thing Ive ever had to deal with was bad transformers at the condenser, control voltage shorts, and a few blowers. But your right, if its possible to slow the blower speed and adjust the charge where Im not flooding the comp with liquid and get a somewhere decent split could I possibly try that? I doubt thats feasible with a 4 ton condenser

Post Likes
    Get the superheat solved regardless of the sizing. If it is severely oversized, try and set the blower as low as you can and then get superheat under control till you can do something proper at her place.

I agree with the above, mobile homes are a nightmare. Especially the ductwork. Mini split would probably be a great option.

4. Likes UrAverageAguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.14 View Post
    I agree with the above, mobile homes are a nightmare. Especially the ductwork. Mini split would probably be a great option.
    Mini splits are great. We install Samsung and I bet you I installed 20 last summer. Never in a mobile home but there is enough room in the attic for a new split system and Ill do a proper load calc and install new ductwork above or a ducted mini. Thanks guys for all the advice!

Post Likes
    I would set the fan speed as high as possible, rather than lower. Higher air flow will give higher superheat on a piston metering device. But I would prefer measuring the air flow. From here I am just guessing. Get a Magna-helic gauge and static pressure probes. Measure the static pressure across the indoor coil. If you get the manufacturer's data on the coil, the static pressure will tell you the air flow.

I have been able to get 350 cfm per ton on a mobile home many times. But only with proper sizing and a high static blower.

Once you get the air flow correct as possible, then check the charge and get the superheat right.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Post Likes
    ^^^ This^^^

Just realized I said low earlier in this thread. Kevin is correct, sorry for the brain fart. HIGHEST blower speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12