Post Likes

2.5 ton champion

First time using the snap lock for return instead of duct board. I love the way it came out. Definitely gonna keep using it in this application. Still a ton of work til the house is move in ready. Lol. But it's condition at least!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Post Likes
    well...

you're missing the electrical cover, service caps, sealant around the duct and lines through the ceiling, and the pad sticker should be hidden.

Post Likes
    and the refrigerator shouldnt be in the middle of the kitchen

Post Likes
    Lol. Its mastic tape so the plenum is sealed, I put on the electrical cover and the locking caps after the picture, the drywall guy is going to be fixing any lines in the ceiling and who cares about a sticker on the pad lol. Not me

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coharra88 View Post
    Lol. Its mastic tape so the plenum is sealed, I put on the electrical cover and the locking caps after the picture, the drywall guy is going to be fixing any lines in the ceiling and who cares about a sticker on the pad lol. Not me
    it doesnt matter what's sealed on the plenum. fire codes dictate that penetrations are to be sealed.

customers care about looks, you should, too.

Post Likes
    You mean the penetrations in the cieling? There is a drywaller coming behind me to do any patching that needs to be done
    And yea I agree with you on the pad sticker. Would look better hidden. Can always be ripped off though

Post Likes
    What would you have sealed them with? Fire caulking?

Post Likes
    here, we have to use the orange fire caulking. ugly as shit, but it can be painted.

Post Likes
    I would probably move the halo to the return below the coil, it probably has limited uv effect on the coil in that position.

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

10. Likes coharra88 liked this post
    Post Likes
    All the RGF products I've ever installed have been put in the supply plenum. Thats the way the manufacturer tells you to put it. But that's a good point about the uv light being closer to the coil. That way you could get the IAQ and keep the coil clean

Post Likes
    Just curious why did you go through the extra work of insulating the condensate line? Do you have a problem with it sweating in the climate that you live? I live in York for 8 years and never had to do that.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Do you have that tubing Bender that goes from quarter or 3/8 all the way to 1- 1/8? I use that with a combination of 90s and not hard corners but that tubing Bender you can make nice bends and really get it done quick. If you don't have one Johnstone sells them they're worth the money not terribly expensive I think it's under 500 bucks but it is a labor saver and you make nice bends

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk