Post Likes

new rheem packaged heat pump RQPM-A060JK015 NO INDOOR BLOWER

I have just installed a new RHEEM 5-ton heat pump. I followed the wiring diagram and used the same color code as the old Goodman unit. When I turn on the unit and set the therm for cooling, the comp and condenser fan come on but no inside blower. The strange thing is that the photo in installation instructions show a indoor blower motor capacitor but the unit does not have one. Anyone think that it is possible that the IBM was left out at the factory? does anyone have a phone number for RHEEM ?

Post Likes
    So you don't know if theirs a fan Motor?

This has to be DIY!

3. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    agreed!

OP, are you serious?? Dont you have a nut driver or screw driver to GO LOOK??

Electricity knows no color. Follow the instructions and install it per the book. Then, use your meter and your head if it doesnt work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    So you don't know if theirs a fan Motor?

This has to be DIY!
    Profile says "tech"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Profile says "tech"
    Mine says Stud!

Post Likes
    mine says mafia pimp. i have a picture to prove it, too

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    mine says mafia pimp. i have a picture to prove it, too
    I’ll pass on that!

10. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    I see a new 5ton heatpump running in heat mode in June. Lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JGRICE53 View Post
    I have just installed a new RHEEM 5-ton heat pump. I followed the wiring diagram and used the same color code as the old Goodman unit. When I turn on the unit and set the therm for cooling, the comp and condenser fan come on but no inside blower. The strange thing is that the photo in installation instructions show a indoor blower motor capacitor but the unit does not have one. Anyone think that it is possible that the IBM was left out at the factory? does anyone have a phone number for RHEEM ?
    Hmmm, so you think they forgot to put in the capacitor, and the blower motor itself. I think a real tech would have opened the blower compartment up, and looked at or for the motor.

I also think most techs would have called their distributor, if they thought Rheem had not put in the blower. Since Rheem doesn't sell directly to HVAC companies or techs.

So did you buy this unit online?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    No this was not a DIY...I bought it from a local distributor and they did not have an answer. yeah, i know...i shouda just opened the access panel, but i was thrown by the missing capacitor. I am semi-retired, so I have not done an install in a about 2 years, and this is my first heat pump install that eliminates the IBM capacitor. After my initial post, i went back and removed the access panel and sure enough there was the IBM. So then I started checking and found the wire to the IBM was not making a connection in the wire nut. Repaired that and So problem solved. Up and running like a champ. Thanks for all the help.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JGRICE53 View Post
    No this was not a DIY...I bought it from a local distributor and they did not have an answer. yeah, i know...i shouda just opened the access panel, but i was thrown by the missing capacitor. I am semi-retired, so I have not done an install in a about 2 years, and this is my first heat pump install that eliminates the IBM capacitor. After my initial post, i went back and removed the access panel and sure enough there was the IBM. So then I started checking and found the wire to the IBM was not making a connection in the wire nut. Repaired that and So problem solved. Up and running like a champ. Thanks for all the help.
    How did you manage to wire it the same way as your Goodman and it's cooling like a champ? What did you do at the thermostat that was different?

Post Likes
    I can tell you for a fact that no parts were forgotten. I toured the Rheem factory in Fort Smith in April, where that baby was born, and they run test every single unit there.