Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thekux View Post
    Left-wingers run the Bay Area maybe I should have been a little more specific. They run California and the Bay Area is the left-wing Utopia. All these Lefty cities you have rich and poor. That's what's going on here in Seattle to.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Thatís probably why you get paid over $50 an hour here in seattle. Itís a great place to work keep shoving that money in the bank and then your retirement and move like Iím planning on doing when I retire.

3. Likes thekux, RMSG01, 2sac liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    Thatís probably why you get paid over $50 an hour here in seattle. Itís a great place to work keep shoving that money in the bank and then your retirement and move like Iím planning on doing when I retire.
    Depends who you work for I don't make 50 bucks an hour here. When I moved up here in 2009 I saw ads in Craigslist for 18 bucks an hour here in Seattle. It all depends. If you work for a shop that can keep you busy that's a big plus. I know Reno is a small town but my criticisms of the union for HB AC Service extends Coast to Coast. The union contracts don't cover specialized training that's required to work on a lot of equipment and it's very expensive. If I was going to go back to Nevada to work I would try to Las Vegas and I probably join the Union to see what it's like in a bigger city unless I've had a great offer from an onion shop.

Post Likes
    Depends who you work for I don't make 50 bucks an hour here. When I moved up here in 2009 I saw ads in Craigslist for 18 bucks an hour here in Seattle. It all depends. If you work for a shop that can keep you busy that's a big plus. I know Reno is a small town but my criticisms of the union for HB AC Service extends Coast to Coast. The union contracts don't cover specialized training that's required to work on a lot of equipment and it's very expensive. If I was going to go back to Nevada to work I would try to Las Vegas and I probably join the Union to see what it's like in a bigger city unless I've had a great offer from an onion shop.

The going rate here for a Razzie guy thatís not commission sales that is good is 40 plus an hour. Comercial I would say about $45-$50 an hour non-union, union scale is $55 an hr on the check.

Post Likes
    I guess you guys posting, "It's competitive" or "some other explanation" are union members and you are not allowed to post pricing, or get tossed out of the union, here, we have guys(Not so smart) that are $55/ hr, then guys that are $169/ hr(Over priced in my opinion) but hey, get all you can, while you can I guess. then we are $89/ hour and others up to $129/ hr, I feel like the $89 to $129 is the middle, we should probably go up, but it makes it hard with so many $55 guys around here that drive non airconditioned vehicles and can't afford a dentist, but they are going to come fix your refrigeration or A/C and regurgitate bad breath all over you when explaining the high bill. So many restuarants take that $55/ hr guy because he sounds cheap, till they get the bill.

This is what the business charges for the tech on-site, there is a truck fee and some places have other fees they add in, such as trip charges, depending on drive distance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RMSG01 View Post
    I guess you guys posting, "It's competitive" or "some other explanation" are union members and you are not allowed to post pricing, or get tossed out of the union, here, we have guys(Not so smart) that are $55/ hr, then guys that are $169/ hr(Over priced in my opinion) but hey, get all you can, while you can I guess. then we are $89/ hour and others up to $129/ hr, I feel like the $89 to $129 is the middle, we should probably go up, but it makes it hard with so many $55 guys around here that drive non airconditioned vehicles and can't afford a dentist, but they are going to come fix your refrigeration or A/C and regurgitate bad breath all over you when explaining the high bill. So many restuarants take that $55/ hr guy because he sounds cheap, till they get the bill.

This is what the business charges for the tech on-site, there is a truck fee and some places have other fees they add in, such as trip charges, depending on drive distance.
    most UA wages are posted on the interwebs for all to see

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post
    most UA wages are posted on the interwebs for all to see
    Correct it is public information as it is used for prevailing wages

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    The going rate here for a Razzie guy thatís not commission sales that is good is 40 plus an hour. Comercial I would say about $45-$50 an hour non-union, union scale is $55 an hr on the check.
    I've done both Commercial and residential. I've also done some Refrigeration I do a lot of that at my present job walk-ins and reach ins. Like I said I would go to Las Vegas if I had to leave my job and try a bigger city see what a Union is like in a bigger city

Post Likes
    I've done both Commercial and residential. I've also done some Refrigeration I do a lot of that at my present job walk-ins and reach ins. Like I said I would go to Las Vegas if I had to leave my job and try a bigger city see what a Union is like in a bigger city

How the unions work in the big city...
    When there's work, everybody's working.
    When there's no work, the exceptional guys and the cheap guys are working.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    How the unions work in the big city...
    When there's work, everybody's working.
    When there's no work, the exceptional guys and the cheap guys are working.
    My experience in Reno wasn't the greatest. But it is a small City it's grown a lot since I've left. The bigger the city the more work there's going to be.

Post Likes
    My experience in Reno wasn't the greatest. But it is a small City it's grown a lot since I've left. The bigger the city the more work there's going to be.

It's all relative. The shop reputation has more to do with the amount of work than the city.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    In 2009 things were real tough in Reno for everybody didn't matter who they were. Las Vegas still had work because it was bigger. If I wanted to work for $10 an hour in Reno there was nothing

Post Likes
    2009 wasn't a good year for the vast majority of the world...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast