Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

Climate Change Has Run Its Course

Read this on another forum, interesting thought:

Its descent into social-justice identity politics is the last gasp of a cause that has lost its vitality.

A good indicator of why climate change as an issue is over can be found early in the text of the Paris Agreement. The “nonbinding” pact declares that climate action must include concern for “gender equality, empowerment of women, and intergenerational equity” as well as “the importance for some of the concept of ‘climate justice.’ ” Another is Sarah Myhre’s address at the most recent meeting of the American Geophysical Union, in which she proclaimed that climate change cannot fully be addressed without also grappling with the misogyny and social injustice that have perpetuated the problem for decades.

The descent of climate change into the abyss of social-justice identity politics represents the last gasp of a cause that has lost its vitality. Climate alarm is like a car alarm—a blaring noise people are tuning out.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/climate-change-has-run-its-course-1528152876

Posters personal viewpoint:

I always called it wealth redistribution, being well aware that the whole cause has less to do with the environment, and more to do with a way to tax everything to gain funds to give to the trendy progressive causes.

I want clean air and water...carbon offsets are a total scam providing no value... except to algore and others who sell "nothing" to absolve progressives from their guilt of their pretend carbon footprint..

GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    The Gulf Stream is Slooooooooooowing down Ga-, ... If it stops moving Warm water/ Air Currents to the Northern Hemisphere, ... We could have another Mini-Ice Age, or Worse.

As far as "Agenda 21", & anything Political Related to "Global Warming", with it's Taxes, Wealth Distribution, shutting down Factories in the West as The Eastern Nations like China, are Building them by the day, .... Plainly put, ... It's all a bunch of Bullcrap.

But know this, ... Al of this was Foretold of Looong ago.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Oh no...

Not an ice age... (shaking in my boots)...
    That would kill my AC business...

Gotta go get my congress-critter to fix that one pronto...

LOL
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Much of climate change is now controlled. In certain parts of the country its obvious by just looking up and seeing the climate change spraying.

Now I'm not sure why that attempt is made, but in certain parts of this country its obvious, cause Jet contrails on their own cant do this.

Its kind of like the UFO issue, its being ignored for good reasons, so the masses don't catch on and ask question.

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Read this on another forum, interesting thought:

Its descent into social-justice identity politics is the last gasp of a cause that has lost its vitality.

A good indicator of why climate change as an issue is over can be found early in the text of the Paris Agreement. The “nonbinding” pact declares that climate action must include concern for “gender equality, empowerment of women, and intergenerational equity” as well as “the importance for some of the concept of ‘climate justice.’ ” Another is Sarah Myhre’s address at the most recent meeting of the American Geophysical Union, in which she proclaimed that climate change cannot fully be addressed without also grappling with the misogyny and social injustice that have perpetuated the problem for decades.

The descent of climate change into the abyss of social-justice identity politics represents the last gasp of a cause that has lost its vitality. Climate alarm is like a car alarm—a blaring noise people are tuning out.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/climate-change-has-run-its-course-1528152876

Posters personal viewpoint:

I always called it wealth redistribution, being well aware that the whole cause has less to do with the environment, and more to do with a way to tax everything to gain funds to give to the trendy progressive causes.

I want clean air and water...carbon offsets are a total scam providing no value... except to algore and others who sell "nothing" to absolve progressives from their guilt of their pretend carbon footprint..

Shocker: U.S. leading all Paris Accord signatories in emissions reduction
    August 21, 2018
    I’m old enough to remember when we were told that President Trump pulling out of the Paris climate agreement was basically the end of human life on the planet. The world would eventually burn away into a desert and it would be all our fault. Of course, that was then and this is now. Stephen Moore at the Washington Times reviewed the results of the latest BP Statistical Review of World Energy and discovered that America’s place in the global emissions puzzle isn’t living up to our billing as the evil climate change deniers we’re supposed to be. In fact, not only are our emissions not going up, but in 2017 we reduced our emissions more than any other developed country in the world. Go figure.
    Take a wild guess what country is reducing its greenhouse gas emissions the most? Canada? Britain? France? India? Germany? Japan? No, no, no, no, no and no.

The answer to that question is the United States of America. Wow! How can that be? This must be a misprint. Fake news. America never signed the Kyoto Protocol some two decades ago. We never enacted a carbon tax. We don’t have a cap and trade carbon emission program. That evironmental villain Donald Trump pulled America out of the Paris climate accord that was signed by almost the entire rest of the civilized world.

Yet the latest world climate report from the BP Statistical Review of World Energy finds that in 2017, America reduced its carbon emissions by 0.5 percent, the most of all major countries. That’s especially impressive given that our economy grew by nearly 3 percent — so we had more growth and less pollution — the best of all worlds.

Sadly, not everyone is doing as well as we are in reducing greenhouse gases. In fact, pretty much nobody is even close. As this portion of the BP report shows, overall greenhouse gas emissions are up considerably, with the United States being one of only a handful of countries cutting back. All of those other Paris Climate Accord countries are falling way behind on their targets.
    Global CO2 emissions from energy in 2017 grew by 1.6%, rebounding from the stagnant volumes during 2014-2016, and faster than the 10-year average of 1.3%

Declines were led by the US (-0.5%). This is the ninth time in this century that the US has had the largest decline in emissions in the world. This also was the third consecutive year that emissions in the US declined, though the fall was the smallest over the last three years.

Carbon emissions from energy use from the US are the lowest since 1992, the year that the UNFCCC came into existence. The next largest decline was in Ukraine (-10.1%).

The largest increase in carbon emissions in 2017 came from China (1.6%), a reversal from the past three years when the largest increases in emissions came from India. China’s emissions in 2017 were 0.3% higher than the previous peak in 2014. China has had the world’s largest increments in carbon emission every year this century except in four years – 2000 and between 2014-16.

So China and India are the two worst nations in terms of pollution in general and carbon emissions specifically. They’re not cutting back, but rather increasing at an alarming rate. But we can’t let the EU off the hook here. Of all the EU signatories to the Paris climate treaty, not one of them is meeting their current goals for emissions reduction. Only five of them – Luxembourg, Netherlands, France, Portugal and Sweden – are even at 50% of their targets. The rest are all trailing behind.

Moore makes a valid point when he wonders what all the fuss was about. Why would the United States want to sign on to an agreement which would produce even more financially crippling restrictions and requirements when we’re already ahead of the game in emissions reductions and our “partners” aren’t holding up their end of the deal anyway? Besides, with the dismal numbers coming out of China and India, any reductions we achieve are wiped out by those two nations immediately.

So why are we managing to get ahead and contributing to at least a slowing of emissions in some parts of the world? Because we took the lead in shale oil and natural gas production, both of which are dumping far fewer contaminants into the atmosphere than coal or pulp burning. But we’re supposed to be the bad guys. If these other nations want to tell us what to do in terms of carbon emissions they’d better at least catch up to us first.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/08/...ons-reduction/

'Who's the cleanest of them all'
    The world’s largest emitter of carbon dioxide emissions is China. According to the invaluable Institute for Energy Research, “China produces 28 percent of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. India is the world’s third largest emitter of carbon dioxide and had the second largest increment (93 million metric tons) of carbon dioxide emissions in 2017, more than twice as much an increase as the U.S. reduction.”

For every ton of reduced pollution the United States emits, China and India produce almost 10 more tons. This means it doesn’t really matter how much America reduces its greenhouse gases because China and India cancel out any and all progress we make.

Those who think they are helping save the planet by purchasing an electric car, or putting a solar panel on their roof, or trying to shut down coal production in the United States are barking up the wrong tree. If we want to stop greenhouse gases, there is no way to make progress without China and India on board — which they clearly are not.

This latest data also demonstrates that despite all of the criticism across the globe and in the American media, President Trump was completely right to pull the United States out of the flawed Paris accord. That might be one of the most universally violated treaties of all time — which is saying a lot. The chart below shows that nearly every nation that signed on to the Paris Accord and has admonished America for not getting in, has already broken its promises.

Not a single EU nation is within 80 percent of its respective target for emission reduction, according to Climate Action Network Europe (CANE). In its official EU report, CANE said “All EU countries are failing to increase their climate action in line with the Paris Agreement goal.” All but five countries aren’t even at 50 percent of their current targets.

So there you have it. The countries in the Paris climate agreement have broken every promise they’ve made and the nation that hasn’t signed the treaty is doing more than any other nation to reduce global warming. Yet, we are being lectured by the sanctimonious Europeans and Asians for not doing our fair share to save the planet. It’s another case study in how the left cares far more about good intentions than actual results. What matters is that you say that you will wash the dishes, not that you actually do it.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...s-climate-acc/
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Much of climate change is now controlled. In certain parts of the country its obvious by just looking up and seeing the climate change spraying.

Now I'm not sure why that attempt is made, but in certain parts of this country its obvious, cause Jet contrails on their own cant do this.

Its kind of like the UFO issue, its being ignored for good reasons, so the masses don't catch on and ask question.

Roy
    Oh dear lord.

One of the best chuckles I've ever had is when I told Roy to go watch one of his conspiracy YouTube channels and he responded saying he doesn't believe in conspiracy theories.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Oh dear lord.

One of the best chuckles I've ever had is when I told Roy to go watch one of his conspiracy YouTube channels and he responded saying he doesn't believe in conspiracy theories.
    Uhhhhhh Brian,

There are many Documents available, from the State level to the Federal, where it is nonchalantly admitted that America, & many more Nations are Altering Our Weather.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Uhhhhhh Brian,

There are many Documents available, from the State level to the Federal, where it is nonchalantly admitted that America, & many more Nations are Altering Our Weather.
    Using Jet contrails, David? Lol.

Show me the documents please.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Using Jet contrails, David? Lol.

Show me the documents please.

Lol! Brian, ... It Ain't "Fake News".

Much like Th' Sheeple getting Constantly Conned by the Democrat & Republican Parties, .... The Casual Denial of it's existence keeps many of Th' Sheeple Pacified.
    Of Course, ..... These U.N., & Federal Documents could be Fake, & in a very Orwellian way, ... what was True Yesterday could be a Falsehood Today.

But then, ... We'd be "Living in a Matrix like World" Eh?
    -------
    UN Documents
    Gathering a body of global agreements logo of United Nations General Assembly
    Home | Sustainable Development | Education | Water | Culture of Peace | Human Rights | Keywords | Search

Adopted by Resolution 31/72 of the United Nations General Assembly on 10 December 1976.

The Convention was opened for signature at Geneva on 18 May 1977.

Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques

The States Parties to this Convention,

Guided by the interest of consolidating peace, and wishing to contribute to the cause of halting the arms race, and of bringing about general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international control, and of saving mankind from the danger of using new means of warfare,

Determined to continue negotiations with a view to achieving effective progress towards further measures in the field of disarmament,

Recognizing that scientific and technical advances may open new possibilities with respect to modification of the environment,

Recalling the Declaration of the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment, adopted at Stockholm on 16 June 1972,

Realizing that the use of environmental modification techniques for peaceful purposes could improve the interrelationship of man and nature and contribute to the preservation and improvement of the environment for the benefit of present and future generations,

Recognizing, however, that military or any other hostile use of such techniques could have effects extremely harmful to human welfare,

Desiring to prohibit effectively military or any other hostile use of environmental modification techniques in order to eliminate the dangers to mankind from such use, and affirming their willingness to work towards the achievement of this objective,

Desiring also to contribute to the strengthening of trust among nations and to the further improvement of the international situation in accordance with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations,

Have agreed as follows:"

http://un-documents.net/enmod.htm
    --------------------------------------------

https://s3.amazonaws.com/unoda-web/w...t-July2018.pdf

-------------------

Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques (ENMOD)
    ENMOD

"Entry into force: 5 October 1978, in accordance with its article IX (3). Pursuant to its article VII, the Convention is of unlimited duration.

Status: Signatories: 48 16 of the signatories have not yet ratified; States Parties: 78.

Depositary: Secretary-General of the United Nations.

History: The problem of artificial modification of the environment for military or other hostile purposes was brought to the international agenda in the early 1970s. In July 1974, USA and USSR agreed to hold bilateral discussions on measures to overcome the danger of the use of environmental modification techniques for military purposes and three subsequent rounds of discussions in 1974 and 1975. In August 1975, USA and USSR tabled identical draft texts of a convention at the Conference of the Committee on Disarmament (CCD), where intensive negotiations resulted in a modified text and understandings regarding four articles of this Convention in 1976.

The Convention was approved by resolution 31/72 of the General Assembly of the United Nations on 10 December 1976, by 96 to 8 votes with 30 abstentions.

Structure of ENMOD: The Convention contains ten articles and one Annex on the Consultative Committee of Experts. Integral part of the Convention are also the Understandings relating to articles I, II, III and VIII. These Understandings are not incorporated into the Convention but are part of the negotiating record and were included in the report transmitted by the Conference of the Committee on Disarmament to the United Nations General Assembly in September 1976 Report of the Conference of the Committee on Disarmament, Volume I, General Assembly Official records: Thirty-first session, Supplement No. 27 (A/31/27), New York, United Nations, 1976, pp. 91-92.

ENMOD scope: States parties undertake not to engage in military or any other hostile use of environmental modification techniques having widespread, long-lasting or severe effects as the means of destruction, damage or injury to another State party (article I).
    It is noteworthy that efforts to clarify or eliminate the restrictive clauses “having widespread, long-lasting or severe effects” (known as the “troika”) were made already during the original negotiations, as well as at the review conferences, however consensus on such a removal could not be reached."

https://www.unog.ch/enmod
    ------------------------------------

Weather Modification Bill~on to the Senate

By: Skyepony, 3:47 PM GMT on October 10, 2005
    Came across some stuff about the weather modification bill~

"U.S. Senate Bill 517 and U.S. House Bill 2995, a bill that would allow experimental weather modification by artificial methods and implement a national weather modification policy, does not include agriculture or public oversight, is on the �fast track� to be passed early in 2006.

This bill is designed to implement experimental weather modification. The appointed Board of Directors established by this bill does not include any agricultural, water, EPA, or public representatives, and has no provisions for Congressional, State, County, or public oversight of their actions or expenditures.

This experimental weather modification bill will impact residents across the United States, not just in California.
    Many current and ongoing weather modification programs (47 listed by NOAA in 2005), including the one in Wyoming that is designed to increase the snowpack, may be diverting rainwater away from Oklahoma and Texas, two states that are currently fighting fires caused by a lack of rainfall. We have no idea what the unintended consequences of the Wyoming action or other experimental weather modification programs might be now or in the future.

This bill is out of the committee & on to the Senate ~link

Here is a link to the bill"

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/Sk...he-senate.html
    ----------------------------
    "15 USC Ch. 9A: WEATHER MODIFICATION ACTIVITIES OR ATTEMPTS; REPORTING REQUIREMENT
    From Title 15—COMMERCE AND TRADE
    CHAPTER 9A—WEATHER MODIFICATION ACTIVITIES OR ATTEMPTS; REPORTING REQUIREMENT
    Sec.
    Definitions.
    330a.
    Report requirement; form; information; time of submission.
    330b.
    Duties of Secretary.
    330c.
    Authority of Secretary.
    330d.
    Violation; penalty.
    330e.
    Authorization of appropriations.

§330. Definitions

As used in this chapter—

(1) The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Commerce.

(2) The term "person" means any individual, corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, society, joint stock company, any State or local government or any agency thereof, or any other organization, whether commercial or nonprofit, who is performing weather modification activities, except where acting solely as an employee, agent, or independent contractor of the Federal Government.

(3) The term "weather modification" means any activity performed with the intention of producing artificial changes in the composition, behavior, or dynamics of the atmosphere.

(4) The term "United States" includes the several States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and any territory or insular possession of the United States.

(Pub. L. 92–205, §1, Dec. 18, 1971, 85 Stat. 735.)
    Short Title

Pub. L. 92–205, which is classified to this chapter, is popularly known as the "Weather Modification Reporting Act of 1972".
    National Weather Modification Policy Act of 1976

Pub. L. 94–490, §§1–6(a), Oct. 13, 1976, 90 Stat. 2359–2361, provided:

"[Section 1]. That this Act may be cited as the National Weather Modification Policy Act of 1976.

"Sec. 2. Declaration of Policy.

"(a) Findings.—The Congress finds and declares the following:

"(1) Weather-related disasters and hazards, including drought, hurricanes, tornadoes, hail, lightning, fog, floods, and frost, result in substantial human suffering and loss of life, billions of dollars of annual economic losses to owners of crops and other property, and substantial financial loss to the United States Treasury;

"(2) Weather modification technology has significant potential for preventing, diverting, moderating, or ameliorating the adverse effects of such disasters and hazards and enhancing crop production and the availability of water;

"(3) The interstate nature of climatic and related phenomena, the severe economic hardships experienced as the result of occasional drought and other adverse meteorological conditions, and the existing role and responsibilities of the Federal Government with respect to disaster relief, require appropriate Federal action to prevent or alleviate such disasters and hazards; and

"(4) Weather modification programs may have long-range and unexpected effects on existing climatic patterns which are not confined by national boundaries.

"(b) Purpose.—It is therefore declared to be the purpose of the Congress in this Act to develop a comprehensive and coordinated national weather modification policy and a national program of weather modification research and development—

"(1) to determine the means by which deliberate weather modification can be used at the present time to decrease the adverse impact of weather on agriculture, economic growth, and the general public welfare, and to determine the potential for weather modification;

"(2) to conduct research into those scientific areas considered most likely to lead to practical techniques for drought prevention or alleviation and other forms of deliberate weather modification;

"(3) to develop practical methods and devices for weather modification;

"(4) to make weather modification research findings available to interested parties;

"(5) to assess the economic, social, environmental, and legal impact of an operational weather modification program;

"(6) to develop both national and international mechanisms designed to minimize conflicts which may arise with respect to the peaceful uses of weather modification; and

"(7) to integrate the results of existing experience and studies in weather modification activities into model codes and agreements for regulation of domestic and international weather modification activities."

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?p...edition=prelim

Post Likes
    I never figured you for a full bore conspiracy guy. Hopefully that's not the case.

What you posted actually reinforces my ridicule of conspiracy nuts.

The things you posted are banning any attempt to influence the environment. The vast majority of what they are talking about are things like building dams and rerouting rivers to weaken the enemy by cutting off the water supply. They do talk about doing things that may influence weather, but no specifics of actual acts are referenced. Kind of like it may theoretically be possible to do so and they are trying to get ahead of it.

If there were actual instances of countries actually changing weather, they would have listed them as examples. They don't. They speak in broad terms and not being specific.

But even if there were actual instances where scientists have discovered and actually accomplished widespread and definable weather change, it doesn't mean it's happening when you look up in the sky and see condensation trails coming off a 747 or even a military plane.

If man could actually make it rain by shooting chemicals into the atmosphere(the prevailing conspiracy kook theory) a wise businessmen would have exploited it to make a trillion dollars. There is no way government could keep a lid on that technology.

But again, read what you posted. It's just putting bans of such practices as a preventative measure. The UN and governments do this all the time. They get ahead of possibilities before they happen and also most of their talk is about rerouting rivers and things like that.

So if you look up into the sky and see a contrail and believe the government is seeding the sky, you are nuts. Period.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

"One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

Post Likes
    Here is an interview with a full on climate scientist with Levin on Fox news.... Very instructive!

https://video.foxnews.com/v/58516671...#sp=show-clips

Oct. 21, 2018 - 14:28 - Dr. Patrick Michaels, director of the Center for the Study of Science at the Cato Institute, provides insight into the debate over climate change and the political games played to create policy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Here is an interview with a full on climate scientist with Levin on Fox news.... Very instructive!

https://video.foxnews.com/v/58516671...#sp=show-clips

Oct. 21, 2018 - 14:28 - Dr. Patrick Michaels, director of the Center for the Study of Science at the Cato Institute, provides insight into the debate over climate change and the political games played to create policy.
    I saw it the night it ran. The climate change chumps should watch it. It should be eye opening to anyone who is confused about this subject. Of course the chumps won't ever watch anything like it because they WANT to be misinformed and irrationally pissed at the good guys.

This reminds me of a story that wasn't reported(of course) a couple months ago. It should have been a widely reported national story and fully discussed. It was eye opening.

The reason it wasn't is it proved exactly what Conservatives have been saying for a long time. Once again, we have been proven right. Notice a pattern, chumps?

Anyway, three guys decided to test the "peer review" process. They knew it is biased to a certain idioligy and wanted to prove it.

They submitted several articles for peer review. The studies were absurd and conclusions ridiculous. Something like half of the articles were published on journals after peer review. It was amazing and eye opening.

I'll see if I can find it. Like I said, I wasn't reported because, like the science community, the media is full of dishonest and deranged leftists.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

"One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

Post Likes
    Here it is. Lol. You clowns are clowns. I can't take it. But don't worry about not being embassed. I understand you don't possess that human quality of humility. But it's OK because I'm embarrassed for you enough for the both of us.

Chumps. LOL.

https://m.phys.org/news/2018-10-real...-journals.html

Three US researchers have pulled off a sophisticated hoax by publishing fake research with ridiculous conclusions in sociology journals to expose what they see as ideological bias and a lack of rigorous vetting at these publications.

Seven of the 20 fake articles written by the trio were accepted by journals after being approved by peer-review committees tasked with checking the authors' research.

A faux study claiming that "Dog parks are Petri dishes for canine 'rape culture'" by one "Helen Wilson" was published in May in the journal Gender, Place and Culture.

The article suggests that training men like dogs could reduce cases of sexual abuse.

Faux research articles are not new: one of the most notable examples is physicist Alan Sokal, who in a 1996 article for a cultural studies journal wrote about cultural and philosophical issues concerning aspects of physics and math.

This time the fake research aims at mocking weak vetting of articles on hot-button social issues such as gender, race and sexuality.

The authors, writing under pseudonyms, intended to prove that academics in these fields are ready to embrace any thesis, no matter how outrageous, so long as it contributes to denouncing domination by white men.

"Making absurd and horrible ideas sufficiently politically fashionable can get them validated at the highest level of academic grievance studies," said one of the authors, James Lindsay, in a video revealing the project.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast