+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BluVac gripe

Post Likes

BluVac gripe

I have a BluVac Pro and love the gauge. Once you use a BluVac, you won't go back, BUT I have one small gripe.

I really don't care to have a resolution of .1 micron, and would love it if they would just use whole numbers and no decimals. I am invariably looking at the gauge in shade, bright sun, or some combination that makes it hard to read, and I miss the decimal. Just today, my helper went to check on the vacuum, and came back and said it was 1300 microns. I'm thinking, it should be lower than that, and went out to look and sure enough it was 130.x microns. Now I could care less if it's 130.1 or 130.9. A reprogram would be fantastic!!!! Does anyone think it could be accurate enough for tenths anyway?

Post Likes
    joeyd is the member here who reps that equipment. I have one as well. it's actually MORE precise than .1 micron but that's all they display.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    I suggest future revisions have either or both of the following features: a) smaller number for the decimal, and/or b) selectable precision. The Accutools scale already has selectable precision, and it sure comes in handy.

Post Likes
    First world problems, I guess. : Grin:

At least he didn't complain about the batteries.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

5. Likes BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Bob and I had an exchange of emails today.

I offered to reprogram his gauge for a nominal fee.

I'm always happy to help in any way I can.

7. Likes HVAC_Marc, kangaroogod, Gunslinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    that's awesome! how will it re-display the numbers? No decimal point?
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    If i was worried about it (which i am not) I would throw a piece of electrical tape over the decimal and call it a day.

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

Post Likes
    you hack

Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    that's awesome! how will it re-display the numbers? No decimal point?
    The BluVac and LTE use the same code base, and the LTE has 1 micron resolution. I'll just rebuild the BluVac code using the LTE's display algorithm.

So, it'll be an LTE with BluVac features, basically. Or a BluVac with LTE resolution. Whatever.

12. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Can I have mine recalibrated to display beer and naked hotties when the microns get below 500?

sorry...

you go much above and beyond compared to most reps. it's very refreshing.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Im not sure of the industry wide need, but it would be cool if you put a pressure transducer in the uvac and displayed a simple pressure with corresponding boiling point at a low enough price point. The thought is for the standard maintence visits it would have near zero loss when connecting and disconnecting and could be used with accuracy on both the high and low side. Small accurate gauge to throw in the tool bag instead of lugging the 6' hoses and manifold.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    the 6' hoses and manifold.
    this is because you're tall like a giant and have long arms.

im short and fat. i have 4 foot hoses.
    Nest is POO!!

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    Im not sure of the industry wide need, but it would be cool if you put a pressure transducer in the uvac and displayed a simple pressure with corresponding boiling point at a low enough price point. The thought is for the standard maintence visits it would have near zero loss when connecting and disconnecting and could be used with accuracy on both the high and low side. Small accurate gauge to throw in the tool bag instead of lugging the 6' hoses and manifold.

they already have manifold with built micron gauge,,

now you want a micron gauge with a pressure gauge built in???????
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    I'll say one thing, whether you like the display as is or not, you certainly have to be impressed with the customer service. I have the accu scale also and it is awesome.

18. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Can I have mine recalibrated to display beer and naked hotties when the microns get below 500?
    I'll suggest this feature to Jim for the next BluVac iOS/Android app update.

20. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ch4man View Post
    they already have manifold with built micron gauge,,

now you want a micron gauge with a pressure gauge built in???????
    Sorry i was not clear enough, I was looking for a no frills accurate pressure only gauge with display with boiling point for checking superheat and subcooling on maintence visits. We are looking to gear up avout 60 tech's with this. We ordered an analog glycerin filled gauge which has a descent scale for low pressure and descent high pressure along with a short hose, coupling and 45deg adaptor which was in the $115 price point. Looking for a comperable gauge under the $99 range. I am trying to reduce the loss of 2-3oz? Per yr of charge when performing maintence. Disclaimer I have the fieldpiece wireless and the pressure gauge is similar in size and function to what I would like to see but with a digital display. I get the whole imanifold thing but not interested for new guys and especially not interested in having to use bluetooth for them.

22. Likes ch4man liked this post.
    Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    its all good. 1) i was havin fun. 2) i like the idea
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    Sorry i was not clear enough, I was looking for a no frills accurate pressure only gauge with display with boiling point for checking superheat and subcooling on maintence visits. We are looking to gear up avout 60 tech's with this. We ordered an analog glycerin filled gauge which has a descent scale for low pressure and descent high pressure along with a short hose, coupling and 45deg adaptor which was in the $115 price point. Looking for a comperable gauge under the $99 range. I am trying to reduce the loss of 2-3oz? Per yr of charge when performing maintence. Disclaimer I have the fieldpiece wireless and the pressure gauge is similar in size and function to what I would like to see but with a digital display. I get the whole imanifold thing but not interested for new guys and especially not interested in having to use bluetooth for them.

One way that I've found to reduce loss is to use the Imperial quick connects. It seems whenever I don't use them, I get vapor spraying around for a second or so while I twist on the schrader nut. But those quick connects reduce the loss to zero, no more burnt fingers.

https://imperial-tools.com/products/...pler-adapters/

The only potential issue is forgetting to take the coupler back off when you are done servicing the system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    I'll suggest this feature to Jim for the next BluVac iOS/Android app update.
    let us know how he reacts
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes

Refco tap gauge has been a good stubby for me. It has Bluetooth but I don't use it much. I got the kit with the wireless temp clamps but they were a bust. I don't recommend the temp clamps which belong in the garage. They sell the gauge individually as well as the female adapter that works real well as a low loss the way the depressor and Teflon seal are set up. Got saturation temps for too many refers to count.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in