Trane (Straight cool)

Vertical garage install from last month
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Likes
    How do I get the blower out?

3. Likes coharra88, BNME8EZ liked this post
    Post Likes
    Psst - that's horizontal

The insulated condensate drain is a nice touch. The blower unit will suck someday getting it out.

Edit - run the strut the length of the pan and carry each end with the rod running directly next to the junction of the furnace and duct system.

5. Likes coharra88 liked this post
    Post Likes

Hmm

That's what I meant lol! it was late thanks for the tip. Yea it will be pain to change that blower one day. Thanks for the tip! I love to learn how to improve my work and make it better for the service man

Post Likes
    Just another approach we run unistrut parallel to the unit but 6" wider across joist beams and then you have options to where you want your all thread to drop. Plus you can run lag bolts into the joist and never have to worry about weight. This after customer complained of water dripping from ceiling below attic where the company had just installed A/C AHU. went up there and unit prob wasn't pitched right the water went into over flow and the extra weight pulled drywall screws right out of joist. I now also have floats in pans and drain lines and pipe pans with sensor as well. Looks like over kill but the $$ spent for a few sensors and some unistrut save me from myself. Also when things hang, techs(I know no one here) have a tendency to pull up on them or lean. If the weight is 100lbs I want it to carry 200 at least.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    How do I get the blower out?
    My first thought, and the coil will be the same problem.

I will say it is a clean looking install.