Post Likes

Crawlspace dehumidifier with aluminum evaporator coil

Does anyone know if any manufacturer uses aluminum evaporator coils in their crawlspace dehumidifiers?

Post Likes
    https://www.aprilaire.com/whole-hous...ier/model-1870

I have installed 2 Thermastor dehus and both failed copper evap coils at exactly 2 year intervals. I'm glad to see someone is now using aluminum.
    Arizona dreaming....

Post Likes
    Yeah, same here, Santa Fe evap coils failing. Replaced multiple times over the past 4 years under warranty, luckily.

Last one made it long enough to be out of warranty. They offered me a new one at a discounted price but no way I’d spend more money on a Santa Fe.

I installed an aluminum coil aprilaire and will see how it does. At least it has 5 year warranty on the sealed system.

Post Likes
    Have a honeywell dehumidifier going on three years runs all the time except below 35* outdoor temp

Post Likes
    All of us have had our fun with failing cooling coils, copper and aluminum.
    We as manufactures have had excellent results with aluminum fined copper coils for 20 years. Occasionally we would have a coil failure in homes with out fresh air ventilation. Soil gases and chemicals inside causes some of the problem.
    More recently, we have encountered higher failure rates in all kinds of application.
    We found chemicals in the oil being used to assemble the aluminum fins to the cooper tube. In the last 18 months, the failure rates on our coils has declining significantly.
    There other components that have caused dehumidifier to fail.
    The important part is that we a Therma-Stor have extended our warranty to all of our customer in an attempt to cover or share the cost of product replacement.
    It is important for all of us keep an open mind when it comes to giving us chance to do the right thing. This works both ways.
    I want to thank all of you that have given us a second chance to do the right thing.
    Anyone who feels we did not do the right thing when it comes to our company delivering on your expects, contact me via email with details of the problem and what your expectations are.
    Thanks again for all support you are giving us making our business a booming success.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"