Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Trade Wars will afect Our Trade.

Post Likes
    Your Posts alone Pagey, ...... Show that the School System Failed You, but, .... Your Mental Problems are so Deeply embedded that I Believe that You were Cheated of having any Common Sense/ Intelligence at Birth.

Th' Kenyan Imposter added 10 Trillion Dollars to the National Debt, with the consent of a Limp wristed, & Treasonous Congress.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    "The Options Are Difficult

Lutron is considering other options to maintain its market share. But getting a Chinese supplier to move is not easy, Hakkarainen said, and finding other suppliers in the electrical industry is not expeditious.

The company has considered dividing its manufacturing between the U.S. and Mexico and taking China out of the equation.

“How long [the U.S.-China trade war] will last is causing decision-making to be very difficult,” Hakkarainen said.

“If we knew that tariffs are going to be in place for 10 years, we would certainly not like that, and the industry is generally for free trade than for tariff or technical barriers to trade, but it would still be, from the viewpoint of making decisions, it would be easier to deal with,” he said.

Putting Investments on Hold

“In 2019, we anticipate that [tariffs] are going to be a full year worth of additional expense. And it’s significantly greater than the tax cut that we got in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in 2017,” Hakkarainen said. “We won’t be closing down, but it’s putting investment ideas on hold.”

Lutron has spent thousands of dollars and billable hours applying for exemptions to component tariffs on Chinese projects coming into the U.S. that are essential to Lutron’s commercial and residential lighting technology. “It’s distracting fairly senior people in the company from what they would normally be doing. It’s a lost opportunity to do something better,” Hakkarainen said."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dipkabh.../#2aa5c5584b17
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Your Posts alone Pagey, ...... Show that the School System Failed You, but, .... Your Mental Problems are so Deeply embedded that I Believe that You were Cheated of having any Common Sense/ Intelligence at Birth.

Th' Kenyan Imposter added 10 Trillion Dollars to the National Debt, with the consent of a Limp wristed, & Treasonous Congress.
    It looks like you got the courage up to post back in your own thread. Did the thought even occur to you to admit your silly and ignorant mistakes? Or are thoughts like that just a memory and all you can do is go full conservative and project your own shortcomings onto others? Try being a man DavidDeBord it is never too late.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    I'll respond to a post of yours pagey, ... When You speak with Common Sense, Truth, & Intelligence.

As far as My being a "Man"? I am indeed One, & here in the Real World, there is no need to even attempt to meet your sordid specifications of anything.

Your Wacked Out Liberal Rants, are nothing more than "Bad Smelling Wind" drifting by.

Now, back to the topic:

"New U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum imports are going to have major consequences for a multitude of manufacturing segments around the globe, but the HVAC industry looks to be particularly impacted.

The tariffs on imported metals officially took effect on March 23, with a 25 percent tariff on steel and a 10 percent tariff on aluminum. Mexico and Canada were exempted from the changes, at least in the short-term, and President Donald Trump said other countries around the globe could potentially negotiate with the White House for exemptions as well.

Still, there is a great deal of uncertainty surrounding such sweeping changes. What will countries need to do to secure an exemption? How will this affect U.S. manufacturing and job creation? How will countries counter these tariffs?

With so many questions left unanswered, leaders of the HVAC industry have voiced frustration with the current state of the marketplace but are reassuring contractors, distributors, and even OEM’s that the industry will persevere through whatever happens.
    WHAT ABOUT PRICE?

ACCA’s director of industry and external relations, Todd Washam, said the organization is unsure how much prices will inflate across the board but is certain that contractors will see and increase on equipment prices.

“That increase is likely to be passed on to consumers, and we're concerned because, when consumers see higher prices, our members tell us that they're usually driven to the lowest bidder,” he said. “And our members are always concerned about that.”

Industrywide static price changes are unlikely, as Tom Craig, executive vice president of operations, Value Added Distributors, believes manufacturers may wait each other out to see who moves first.

“I think that there just seems to be a lot of uncertainty, and everybody is waiting to see who's going to flinch first,” he said. “And it's going to be unavoidable that there's going to be some price increases, and the confusion is going to be when you get out of just the pure metal products. How much is it going to be, who's going to go first, and what is the timing going to be?”

Craig gave an example of when a company buys product that is manufactured in Mexico.

“So, the question is, where are they getting their steel, and how much is it going to cost them?” he said. “What is going to happen to the product in that situation versus the producers domestically? It’s about trying to understand the nuances of it, how much it is going to affect the product, and how long it's going to take everybody to react to each other.”

Those reactions are already starting to take place.

Hercules Industries, a manufacturer and distributor of HVAC sheet metal, released the following statement on March 20:

Since the announcement of a 25 percent tariff on all foreign steel imports, the market has been placed under significant constraints unlike which we have experienced in recent past. All steel manufactured products will inevitably be impacted by this announcement as it rolls into implementation. To navigate such volatile market conditions, we will be implementing a 6 percent increase on all nonmaterial-intensive products and a 12 percent increase on material-intensive products.

Fortunately, Hercules has maintained a close relationship with our domestic mills over the years, and we plan to leverage our relationship to ensure we can meet the demand of our loyal customers. In the event that steel prices reach levels that reach beyond the increases already announced, we will be forced to implement an additional increase in the near future."

https://www.achrnews.com/articles/13...-hvac-industry

Post Likes
    I'll respond to a post of yours pagey, ... When You speak with Common Sense, Truth, & Intelligence.

As far as My being a "Man"? I am indeed One, & here in the Real World, there is no need to even attempt to meet your sordid specifications of anything.

Your Wacked Out Liberal Rants, are nothing more than "Bad Smelling Wind" drifting by.
    I asked you if the thought even occurred to you to just admit your silly and ignorant mistake? I will do so again. Maybe if you acted like a man and did so you might actually like the feeling and not feel the need to project your own faults as you do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I asked you if the thought even occurred to you to just admit your silly and ignorant mistake? I will do so again. Maybe if you acted like a man and did so you might actually like the feeling and not feel the need to project your own faults as you do.

Post Likes
    I believe the trade talks are going well, at least as far as the Trumps are concerned. Ivana just received more copyrights granted to her to go along with the dozens of others she has received since Individual-1 took office. These should go well with her voting machines she received copyrights for.

David I see instead of being a man you decided to start a new thread about not being a man, classy.

Post Likes
    economics
    IMF Sees Weakest World Growth in Three Years as Europe Slows
    By Andrew Mayeda
    January 21, 2019, 8:00 AM EST Updated on January 21, 2019, 8:59 AM EST

Fund cuts forecast for second time in three months to 3.5%
    Warning of further downgrades if trade war deepens anew

"The International Monetary Fund cut its forecast for the world economy, predicting it will grow at the weakest pace in three years in 2019 and warning fresh trade tensions would spell further trouble.

In its second downgrade in three months, the lender blamed softening demand across Europe and recent palpitations in financial markets. It predicts global growth of 3.5 percent this year, beneath the 3.7 percent expected in October and the rate in 2018.

“The world economy is growing more slowly than expected, and risks are rising,” Managing Director Christine Lagarde told reporters in Davos, Switzerland."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I'm thinking that 2019, at the very least, is going to present many new & different challenges for The Trades.

Construction
    Expected Gains in Remodeling Spending to Slide Lower in 2019
    Gains in renovation and repair spending predicted to shrink to 5.1%

Jan 18, 2019

Annual growth in the national market for home improvement and repair is expected to slow considerably by the end of the year, according to the Leading Indicator of Remodeling Activity (LIRA) recently released by the Remodeling Futures Program at the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University. The LIRA projects that gains in renovation and repair spending to owner-occupied homes in the United States will shrink from 7.5% in 2018 to 5.1% in 2019.

“Slowing house price appreciation, flat home sales activity, and rising mortgage interest rates are deflating owners’ interest in making major investments in home improvements this year,” says Chris Herbert, managing director of the Joint Center for Housing Studies. “Continued slowdowns in homebuilding, sales of building materials, and remodeling permits all point to a more challenging environment for home remodeling in 2019.”

https://www.ecmweb.com/construction/...&elqTrack=true

Post Likes
    I'm thinking that 2019, at the very least, is going to present many new & different challenges for The Trades.

https://www.ecmweb.com/construction/...&elqTrack=true
    Interesting article.

Trump repeated his line about China paying billions to the Treasury Dept due to tariffs. What do you think when he says that?

Post Likes
    Interesting article.

Trump repeated his line about China paying billions to the Treasury Dept due to tariffs. What do you think when he says that?
    Pagey, If You only took the time, .... You'd soon come to the conclusion that I'm not Pro-Trump, nor Pro-Hillary.

I've even stated many times, that both Candidates were nothing more than Diarrhea filled Diapers.

I used to be a Democrat, back in the early 70s, .... Until I woke Up, & realized that the Democrat Party was intent upon Destroying America, Our Heritage, The Constitution, Our Judaeo-Christian Foundation & Beliefs, The Sanctity of Life & more.

Then I became a Republican, & for awhile I was doing pretty well with it, until I started watching what was happening & asking Questions.

What it boils down to, In My Belief, .... Is that Our Political System is a hand, with the Democrats on one side, & the Republicans are on the other.

Either way, it remains a hand, & accomplishes the same thing, ... Which is either the Destruction of America, or blending it in to the New World Order.

So,... I gave up on the Republican Party, cuz' it has just as many Thieves & Liars, as Your "Favorite Party".

You Center "Your Righteous Truths" upon the Propaganda flatulently proclaimed by the likes of, Th' Bammer, Hillary, Schumer, Feinstein, Pelosi, & more than likely your "Giddies got a swirl", when this new batch of "Progressive Liberal", Almighty GOD Hating, America Hating, Baby Killing, Homo Loving , One World Order Supporting, Hypocritical Morons came in to Office. And that is my "Short List".

The Truth about the matter, & this Drives the Republicans to "Filling their Shorts", .... The Republicans do the same thing, it's just that their Presentation & Packaging is different.

I'm an Almighty GOD Fearing, Constitution Supporting, Conservative, that is Flat Out Against Abortion, Homosexuality, Common Core Education, Illegal Immigration, Government Corruption & Greed, Endless Undeclared & Unjustified Wars, the movement to take weapons away from Americans, The New World Order, & Again "that is my "Short List".

The Tarriffs, are a Tax, placed upon Imported Products, that American Citizens & Businesses must pay, in order to buy Materials/ Products.

Now how Often has Big Brother sent You a Check, that was generated from some Government Surplus?

Post Likes
    Pagey, If You only took the time, .... You'd soon come to the conclusion that I'm not Pro-Trump, nor Pro-Hillary.
    Thanks for the autobiography no surprises there to me but what I was really asking was what do you think when he says a blatant lie like that? Is he that stupid to believe it or does he know the truth and is talking down to his followers?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ranitupe View Post
    True ran, but, ... It has nothing to do with the topic.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the autobiography no surprises there to me but what I was really asking was what do you think when he says a blatant lie like that? Is he that stupid to believe it or does he know the truth and is talking down to his followers?
    After 8 Horrible Years of America being Dictated to by One of the Greatest Liars in History, .... You are going to focus on Trump?

And by the way, .... Quit being a Troll, & get back to the Topic.

16. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    After 8 Horrible Years of America being Dictated to by One of the Greatest Liars in History, .... You are going to focus on Trump?

And by the way, .... Quit being a Troll, & get back to the Topic.

It is the topic. The tariffs are the basis of the trade war. YOU should stop trolling thus thread DavidDeBord if that is your definition of trolling

Funny that you can't answer a simple question and calling Obama a liar in the time of Trump is just ridiculous but that is nothing new for you. Trump is at 8000 lies and counting

Post Likes
    Wilbur Ross: US, China 'miles and miles' apart on trade talks

So much for those silly posts in a similar thread saying that we are close to a deal

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...on-trade-talks

Post Likes
    I used to be a Democrat, back in the early 70s, .... Until I woke Up, & realized that the Democrat Party was intent upon Destroying America, Our Heritage, The Constitution, Our Judaeo-Christian Foundation & Beliefs, The Sanctity of Life & more.

What was it that made you a democrat in the 1970's?

Post Likes
    What was it that made you a democrat in the 1970's?
    A Moral & Brain Defect.

Post Likes
    A Moral & Brain Defect.

It is a shame you never recovered.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718 LastLast