Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psehunter View Post
    Compressor sounds like doo doo, = change it .. I would never quote up non condensables if comp sounds like doo doo, if you wrong good luck explaining to the customer why they now need a compressor and why you have to pull the charge -- again, vacuum and recharge again... old customer will not be customer for long after getting hit with a double wammy.

Guru has spoken
    Horry shit! Wrong guru is.

Non condensibles are easily resolved/diagnosed by simply recovering, vac and recharge. Even a quick and dirty test is an hour. If you're wrong you've lost an hour of labor because the customer will need new Freezone with the new compressor anyway. If you're right, you saved them thousands.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Horry shit! Wrong guru is.

Non condensibles are easily resolved/diagnosed by simply recovering, vac and recharge. Even a quick and dirty test is an hour. If you're wrong you've lost an hour of labor because the customer will need new Freezone with the new compressor anyway. If you're right, you saved them thousands.
    An hour? May take you that long just to get all that equipment into the building, weight for the freight, etc etc etc.... you do it your way I do it mine

Post Likes
    Good thing you dont do residential.

4. Likes knthms liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Good thing you dont do residential.
    You must be guru of explaining to customer why you need to do more work after first time failed, no bueno... you need to get in there like the seals, get the job done right the first time and get out.

You do it your way, leave comp sounding like shit, and when it conks out a month later would.love to hear the phone call ya get. But but but but.. ma'am your pressures no longer fluctuating...

6. Dislikes knthms disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    You must be guru of explaining to customer why you need to do more work after first time failed, no bueno... you need to get in there like the seals, get the job done right the first time and get out.

You do it your way, leave comp sounding like shit, and when it conks out a month later would.love to hear the phone call ya get. But but but but.. ma'am your pressures no longer fluctuating...
    You assume (and that makes an "ass out of U" and...err... YOU!) that the work will fail and that the compressor will continue to sound bad. As I said above, a simple recovery and recharge will determine that. If it's non-cons causing the noise, it'll be gone. If not, the noise will be there and something else is wrong.

i always give my customers options and costs. If im wrong, I eat the costs. Im RARELY wrong. I dont stay in business by being wrong. I also dont stay in business by having blinders on.

That's your problem. Blinders. You get stuck on one idea, whether it's your own or taught to you, and you cannot see other alternatives, even if they are better.

Post Likes
    How do you guys test for NCG's? Recover and use new refrig w/o "knowing for sure" if there were NCG's? How many times have you had the same press readings before and after getting rid of those NCG that were not in there in the 1st place and the customer paid $300.00.?

The gugru knows ALL of that stuff,right? Let him lead the way!

9. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Excuse me Mrs.Smith, I'm letting you know that your AC comp is real noise and thats not good.It seems to be running OK, Have you been comfortable in the house? I hate to say this but we will have to wait and see how long a noisy comp can run,OK? And don't worry Mrs. Smith,there are no NCG in your system!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Excuse me Mrs.Smith, I'm letting you know that your AC comp is real noise and thats not good.It seems to be running OK, Have you been comfortable in the house? I hate to say this but we will have to wait and see how long a noisy comp can run,OK? And don't worry Mrs. Smith,there are no NCG in your system!
    Low and behold Mrs Smith will be quite pissed off when comp goes down during a heat wave, your busy with other calls, time you get the comp information you learn it will be another week before supply house gets one in stock, ole Smith calls different company next time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If I cant get a pump i within a few days my competitors cant ether!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    If I cant get a pump i within a few days my competitors cant ether!
    Competitors would have already ordered it and swapped before it went down beating you to the punch, next time Mrs Smith stays cool during heatwave and wouldn't have to wait 10 days to get their system up and running.

Post Likes
    Well said!!

15. Likes psehunter liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Low and behold Mrs Smith will be quite pissed off when comp goes down during a heat wave, your busy with other calls, time you get the comp information you learn it will be another week before supply house gets one in stock, ole Smith calls different company next time.

Hang on a sec there Mr.Kangaroro. You are "off target" again.Mrs. Smith made the decision to "lets wait and see" about the noisy comp and that was 7-8 years ago and the comp is still grinding away.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    How do you guys test for NCG's? Recover and use new refrig w/o "knowing for sure" if there were NCG's? How many times have you had the same press readings before and after getting rid of those NCG that were not in there in the 1st place and the customer paid $300.00.?

The gugru knows ALL of that stuff,right? Let him lead the way!
    Hay,gugaro, are you ignoring ANOTHER one of my Q's to you???

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast