+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hobart SR24H Undercounter Dishwasher

Post Likes

Hobart SR24H Undercounter Dishwasher

Hi,

Curious if anyone here is familiar with the Hobart SR24H (Undercounter Dishwasher with High Temp Sanitize). The unit ran fine in the past, but now it doesn't seem to work properly at all. I had replaced the booster's contactor with one that has identical or better specs, because in the past there was arcing heard and I suspected it was bad. The unit ran OK for a while, but now the behavior appears to be similar again. Is it possible the new contactor just gave out early, or is something downstream causing failure?

It might also be worth noting we don't have the best quality water around here, could this be part of the problem, and if so is there a procedure for descaling the booster?

Thanks for any advice you might have! I'd be happy to dig in further, take measurements, etc. so I can get to the bottom of this!

Post Likes
    Messing with high voltage and water can lead to real bad things.

Are you a tech or just the equipment owner?

Post Likes
    As far as I know, there isn't any leaking that I can detect.

I'm both - I have an engineering background and routinely service appliances, vehicles, and high voltage electronics (tube amplifiers, which can have voltages in the kV range. I don't have as much exposure to commercial items like this so I was hoping to get some pointers.

Post Likes
    booster heaters are required to have a water softening system. it's in the manual
    Nest is POO!!

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xZapx View Post
    The unit ran OK for a while, but now the behavior appears to be similar again.
    Please be more specific:
    Is it the final rinse temp not maintaining? (You're all about the booster, so I must assume that)
    Is the water supplied to the machine at least 110°F?
    Is the water pressure during final rinse at the prescribed 25 psi ± 3 psi?
    What are your temperatures?
    What's your incoming voltage?
    Is the booster element rated for that voltage?
    You said you'd replaced the contactor. Did you do a voltage drop test across it to confirm it as the culprit?
    Is the contactor closing?
    Is there the specified amp draw by the booster element when the contactor closes?

Maybe more questions later...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xZapx View Post
    Hi,

Curious if anyone here is familiar with the Hobart SR24H (Undercounter Dishwasher with High Temp Sanitize). The unit ran fine in the past, but now it doesn't seem to work properly at all. I had replaced the booster's contactor with one that has identical or better specs, because in the past there was arcing heard and I suspected it was bad. The unit ran OK for a while, but now the behavior appears to be similar again. Is it possible the new contactor just gave out early, or is something downstream causing failure?

It might also be worth noting we don't have the best quality water around here, could this be part of the problem, and if so is there a procedure for descaling the booster?

Thanks for any advice you might have! I'd be happy to dig in further, take measurements, etc. so I can get to the bottom of this!
    Im very familiar with these units , but your post lacks complete details making it impossible for anyone to assist you.

7. Likes ECtofix liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in