+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Redfish idvm 550

Post Likes

Redfish idvm 550

Jim when will this clamp meter be available?

Post Likes
    what's the difference between the 510 and 550?
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    The 550 is a clamp meter. I saw it on the website a while ago and still says coming soon. Just curious if its going to be available.

Post Likes
    ahh.. ok. thanks
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    Jim when will this clamp meter be available?
    We have gone through alpha testing and should see the beta units in the next few days. After that, we will go to production pending the beta is perfect. So we are pretty confident very soon. I will post an update as soon as we have one.

Thanks

Jim
    JLB,

6. Likes BigDanB, HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Is your refrigeration app out yet?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Is your refrigeration app out yet?
    No, not yet it is not. It took a back seat to a few other projects we had/have going. We have put out an Electrical app for Supco called Techlink, an Evacuation app for BluVac, and a few others that are outside of the industry.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Thanks for the update.

Post Likes
    Does the Supco app have anything to do with their current datalogger?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Does the Supco app have anything to do with their current datalogger?
    Nope, just the iDVM510 and the iDVM550 on the way.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    We have gone through alpha testing and should see the beta units in the next few days. After that, we will go to production pending the beta is perfect. So we are pretty confident very soon. I will post an update as soon as we have one.

Thanks

Jim
    This is the best news I've heard all week. You know I'm chomping at the bit for the clampmeter to come out!
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    Nope, just the iDVM510 and the iDVM550 on the way.
    I know it may not be possible, but do you have a price range on the 550?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I know it may not be possible, but do you have a price range on the 550?
    and a picture and info..it seems as if this is the unicorn of tools lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    and a picture and info..it seems as if this is the unicorn of tools lol
    Here are the initial specifications and accuracy statements, they are subject to small changes, but they are pretty well locked in. We are hoping to have the beta units by the middle of the month for final approval and inventory in August. We found a few bugs with the alpha unit that resulted in delays, but it will be worth the wait. We have a lot of plans on the app side that will make it an exciting product.

Thanks

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Here are the initial specifications and accuracy statements, they are subject to small changes, but they are pretty well locked in. We are hoping to have the beta units by the middle of the month for final approval and inventory in August. We found a few bugs with the alpha unit that resulted in delays, but it will be worth the wait. We have a lot of plans on the app side that will make it an exciting product.

Thanks

Jim
    thanks

Post Likes
    Jim, am I reading this right, the iDVM 550 doesn't do DC amps, and doesn't do DC microamps?
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    Jim, am I reading this right, the iDVM 550 doesn't do DC amps, and doesn't do DC microamps?
    I don't see them either.

So a 2 meter set up for complete HVAC techs.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Maybe in next year's model

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    Those are features in the iDVM510. We added another meter to cover the next set of measurements. The problem with a single meter for everything is it does not do somethings well, or it gets so clunky that it is hard to use. The only way to get the range and the resolution and measurement quality that we needed, in this case, was to do two meters. To be honest, I do not think I have ever carried a single meter in my career.

The big feature to the 550 is power measurement, PF, THD, and volts and amps at the same time. We needed multiple ranges of power for a high and low range. While some of you may not be measuring power now, I am sure you will see it coming. We already see it in California where we measure fan watt draw. It is also needed for EER.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Those are features in the iDVM510. We added another meter to cover the next set of measurements. The problem with a single meter for everything is it does not do somethings well, or it gets so clunky that it is hard to use. The only way to get the range and the resolution and measurement quality that we needed, in this case, was to do two meters. To be honest, I do not think I have ever carried a single meter in my career.

The big feature to the 550 is power measurement, PF, THD, and volts and amps at the same time. We needed multiple ranges of power for a high and low range. While some of you may not be measuring power now, I am sure you will see it coming. We already see it in California where we measure fan watt draw. It is also needed for EER.
    What is THD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in