Requirements;
    • 5 Years minimum experience
    • Commercial Refrigeration knowledge
    • Rack knowledge
    • Emerson E2 and Danfoss control basic knowledge
    • Some installation experience
    • Some electrical experience
    • Clean Shave
    • Valid CA License, (will work with background check and DL check)
    Pay, Benefits & Extras;
    $5,000.00 Signing Bonus
    • Starting pay at $35.00/Hour (can be higher based on experience)
    • Paid drive time after 30min
    • On call every 5th or 6th week depending on load
    • Full health and dental 50/50
    • 2 weeks paid vacations after first year. 4 weeks paid at 5th anniversary
    • Bonuses based on performance and call back rate
    • Commission
    • Company service truck
    • Company cell phone
    • Company Email and business card
    • Company provided bottom and top uniform
    • Tools supplied
    We are headquartered in the city of Grand Terrace and would prefer someone living in the Inland Empire. We service 85% in the Inland Empire area with the remaining in LA or OC. Short drive time to calls. We are fast growing and looking for the very best. A lot of room to grow and be part of a great journey. Don’t ignore this add and regret it in 10 years. If interested please email resume or questions to AJM@CALWESTRF.com Or Call/text me direct 9094462332 for more info.

Post Likes
    you realize that "clean shaven" isnt legal in california (and most everywhere else). According to Sean James Gavin, an attorney in Sacramento, CA:

In the 1960s and '70s, lots of employers passed "anti-hippie" rules and policies about long hair and beards. As you can imagine, many of the anti-establishment rebels chose not to conform to these rules, and so lots of employees were terminated for being "poorly groomed" (i.e., having long hair and/or beards). Some of these cases made their way to court, and after countless hours and literally tons of paper, the ultimate ruling in California was that having a beard is "symbolic speech" entitled to First Amendment protection. Indeed, a California Court held, "A beard, for a man, is an expression of his personality. On the one hand it has been interpreted as a symbol of masculinity, of authority and of wisdom. On the other hand it has been interpreted as a symbol of nonconformity and rebellion. But symbols, under appropriate circumstances, merit constitutional protection..." (Finot v. Pasadena City Bd. of Education (1967), 250 Cal. App. 2d 189, 201.)
    As you'll undoubtedly remember from 4th grade civics, however, the First Amendment only protects against governmental intrusion of (among other things) the freedom of speech. Therefore, if the employer is a governmental entity, the no-beard rule is only valid if: "the political restraints rationally relate to the enhancement of the public service, (2) [...] the benefits which the public gains by the restraints outweigh the resulting impairment of constitutional rights, and (3) [...] no alternatives less subversive of constitutional rights are available." (Bagley v. Washington Township Hospital Dist. (1966), 65 Cal. 2d 499, 501-502.)
    This test does not apply to private employers (which means they can terminate you for having a beard, unless of course that raises a discrimination issue as outlined in previous responses).
    Thankfully, however, the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (which makes the ultimate decisions on eligibility for unemployment benefits) is a governmental entity. Consequently, "[t]ranslated to the area of private employment, the Bagley test requires evidence (1) that the restraint upon the protected right rationally relates to the enhancement of the employer's business, (2) that the benefit to the employer outweighs the resulting impairment of constitutional rights, and (3) that no alternatives less subversive of constitutional rights are available. A finding that the Bagley test was not met would not necessarily mean that the private employer could not fire the employee but would mean that the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board would have to find that the employee was discharged because of personal action which is constitutionally protected."
    Therefore, if wearing the beard gets you fired, the employer will have to satisfy the three-part test articulated above before you'll be ineligible for unemployment benefits. If the employer does not satisfy the test, this issue should not disqualify you for benefits.
    If you're ultimately terminated (and especially if you're denied unemployment benefits), I recommend that you get together with an experienced employment law attorney without delay to discuss your rights about options.

Post Likes
    Guessing non union?

Post Likes
    "• Bonuses based on performance and call back rate"

please clarify what this means?, and the criteria to base a call back as being a call back?

eg, add 500lbs to a rack,,,,,,,then another leak develops............

Post Likes
    @HVAC_Marc

Taken from your quote;

This test does not apply to private employers

Also, Companies we deal with that have clean rooms wont hire a company that does not meet these requirement. Which forces us to enforce this policy.

I appreciate you sharing the knowledge.

Post Likes
    @MT1

We are a non union company.

Post Likes
    @indy2000

We are strict on showing up on time and following general company policies. Late days is what we base 70 percent of our bonuses on. the other 20 will be amount of work orders completed per month. and the remaining 10 is callbacks.

Example you just mentioned wont be considered a call back.

Example;
    Evap coil leaking water from clogged drain. Next day it leaks again due to improper clearing of drain and not testing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anasmilbes View Post
    @indy2000

We are strict on showing up on time and following general company policies. Late days is what we base 70 percent of our bonuses on. the other 20 will be amount of work orders completed per month. and the remaining 10 is callbacks.

Example you just mentioned wont be considered a call back.

Example;
    Evap coil leaking water from clogged drain. Next day it leaks again due to improper clearing of drain and not testing.
    thank you for the clarification......

I don't follow the late days, do you have to go to the shop/office first?

the bonus for work orders a month, sounds suspect to me, I find it plays in on the call back

trying to rush a job to finish for the month, only to have a call back

Post Likes
    If you work on ammonia it would be legal. Cannot get a seal on a respirator unless clean shaven.

Same would go for fire fighters.
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    you realize that "clean shaven" isnt legal in california (and most everywhere else). According to Sean James Gavin, an attorney in Sacramento, CA:
    Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    @HVAC_Marc

Taken from your quote;

Also, Companies we deal with that have clean rooms wont hire a company that does not meet these requirement. Which forces us to enforce this policy.

Yes, but if you read it further, the agency who determines fault is a government agency and they can force a private company to prove that it was a lawful termination. If it's not, it goes VERY bad for you, especially if the one terminated cries "discrimination".

Good luck with that!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    If you work on ammonia it would be legal. Cannot get a seal on a respirator unless clean shaven.

Same would go for fire fighters.

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk
    It "could be legal" would be a better term to use. There are barrier gels approved for use for respirator seals. They are not recommended for obvious reasons. I only know that because I have the respirator certification that I had to get for the anthrax abatement in the post offices.

Post Likes
    @HVAC_Marc

Taken from your quote;

I work in a clean room. Need a mask to cover my stash. Coworkers with full beards also were masks.

BTY we also work level 4 BSL's