Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by I Like Tranes View Post
    Someone messed up, that’s what. When you mix a crappy carrier with a homeowner that thinks he install the furnace himself. Just look at the pvc job, the elbow is not up to code
    Unless you want to provide documentation the the contrary, the venting material looks proper.
    Pipe size may be incorrect, but can't tell that from the photo.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    very few furnaces allowed the use of 1.5" pipe. Some did BUT the sharp vent elbows most certainly put it beyond the specs of 1.5" pipe.

Post Likes
    The elbow termination it too close to the furnace, at least for my area it is. idk about the job here, it might be normal for that area. This pic is what they do in my area. not my pic btw.

Post Likes
    The elbow termination it too close to the furnace, at least for my area it is.
    The air box only requires the pipe be to the cabinet face before the elbow goes on and the installer did that. It matters not that part of the elbow hub is inside the cabinet. It may have been done that way for clearance issues we cannot see in the picture.

Post Likes
    I looked up the IOM for the Weathermaker 9200 shown. It allows for vent elbows and some models had allowances for 1 inch and 1.5 inch venting.

Post Likes
    Well, as I admit the picture is incorrect, do you guys get the message? Homeowners think that they can do Hvac stuff themselves, and end up messing up.

Post Likes
    Well, as I admit the picture is incorrect, do you guys get the message? Homeowners think that they can do Hvac stuff themselves, and end up messing up.
    Obviously you dont get it. You're assuming that the pic you posted is DIY. It's never been proven that it was. Plus, Ive seen some DIY that is better than some of the larger well known national companies. MANY homeowners are VERY capable of DIY. It's only that this site doesnt promote it.

Quit while you're ahead.

8. Likes Pnasty liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Obviously you dont get it. You're assuming that the pic you posted is DIY. It's never been proven that it was. Plus, Ive seen some DIY that is better than some of the larger well known national companies. MANY homeowners are VERY capable of DIY. It's only that this site doesnt promote it.

Quit while you're ahead.
    X2
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

10. Likes Pnasty liked this post
    Post Likes
    I suppose you call a plumber for a runny toilet or an electrician to change your light bulbs? And to Marc’s point I’ve done start ups on DIY mini splits and they were installed neater than I could have done, I haven’t installed more than two. The way you post things makes you come across as a know it all, not in a good way either.

12. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    I've got a couple of 40K BTU 58MVP's in my house. They allow 1 1/2 vent for 80k BTU and under.

60K can have up to 35' of 1 1/2" with 4=90s as an example. The install literature actually warns of using 2" if the chart recommends the 1 1/2" pipe size. It may cause "incomplete combustion, flame disturbance, or flame sense lock out."

“Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

"One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

14. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    I've got a couple of 40K BTU 58MVP's in my house. They allow 1 1/2 vent for 80k BTU and under.

60K can have up to 35' of 1 1/2" with 4=90s as an example. The install literature actually warns of using 2" if the chart recommends the 1 1/2" pipe size. It may cause "incomplete combustion, flame disturbance, or flame sense lock out."
    The 58MXA is what I looked up. It said much of the same warning-wise. Here's the clip of the 1 inch vent pipe allowance.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  37.1 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post

Quit while you're ahead.
    Awww mark, he just wanted to be one of the guys, and you blew his cover...

😂

17. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12