+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B-17

Post Likes

B-17

The air force museum in town just restored the B-17 Memphis bell and the display just opened last week. Earlier in the week they had 3 B-17 and some P-51's doing flyovers but I did not catch those. Today working in the yard there was a B-17 that made a few passes over the house. Of coarse the one time I had my phone I snap a crap picture.

Pretty darn awesome to see him fly over. Dude was loud. I cant imagine the german's hearing the rumble of hundreds of those on a bombing run. Had to scare the life out of them. Pretty incredible site to say the least. Gonna have to take the kiddo to see it now.

Name:  IMG_1594[1].jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  28.1 KB

2. Likes tmt0269, DavidDeBord, HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Very cool! I remember building models of those when I was a kid.

How loud do you think it was inside?
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Inside the plane or inside my house? You could hear the rumble from inside the house. He did several passes over the house before I was even outside but you could tell what it was. I bet it was deafening inside those planes.

Post Likes
    Confederate Air Force shows these and B25's at the local airport once a year at an open house and for $400 will give you a short ride.

Wanna do it myself, but parting with the bucks hurts soooo much. If my dad was still alive I'd spring for him as he was a P51 pilot in WWII and loved old iron.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    The air force museum in town just restored the B-17 Memphis bell and the display just opened last week. Earlier in the week they had 3 B-17 and some P-51's doing flyovers but I did not catch those. Today working in the yard there was a B-17 that made a few passes over the house. Of coarse the one time I had my phone I snap a crap picture.

Name:  IMG_1594[1].jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  28.1 KB
    I like the old warbirds and always look for them when I hear an odd rumble in the sky. I too had one fly over while replacing a condenser. My wife let me go for a ride in a B-17..they are just as loud inside as well! Not much in the way of protection if an ME109 decided you looked tasty..those airplane walls are mostly to keep the air out and not much else.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in