Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Sparky...

Post Likes

Oh Sparky...

Noticed this today on an after hours call. All I could do is laugh and shake my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    What is scary...

Is when the PVC flue of a condensing furnace goes through the supply...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

3. Likes paul1981 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1981 View Post
    Noticed this today on an after hours call. All I could do is laugh and shake my head.

The first pic is the conduit running through the middle of the duct work.
    The second pic is the electrical coming out of the top of the duct.
    So in essence, the conduit goes through the duct and terminates out the top but the conduit does not extend even outside of the duct.

5. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So which came first... the duct or the conduit (chicken and egg question)...

GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

7. Likes paul1981, DavidDeBord, thebigron liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

I'd like to see how the duct could've went in after the electric.

As far as chicken/egg, always the egg first if you believe in evolution.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    At least its rigid conduit....

Post Likes

Oh Sparky...

Nothing a little 50per tape cant fix haha

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I'd like to see how the duct could've went in after the electric.

As far as chicken/egg, always the egg first if you believe in evolution.
    I was being sarcastic about the duct and elec...

I am not sure we can definitively determine whether the chicken or the egg came first...
    However it would be a good lesson in logic to explode the head of a liberal...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    I was being sarcastic about the duct and elec...
    Of course I know that Although I could imagine some yo-yo trying to notch a duct to fit over a pipe/conduit.

I am not sure we can definitively determine whether the chicken or the egg came first... ...
    Simple...it was the egg. If you believe in evolution you would have to believe that the egg is a constant. It's never been called anything else.
    A species lays an egg, and an egg incubates, grows/hatches a species-but not always completely the same species (evolving).
    However, was a chicken always a chicken? I say no. It evolved into a chicken. So at some point, it wasn't completely a chicken, layed an egg, it hatched, and finally THE first chicken.
    That's my take on it...
    What say ye...intelligent design peeps? (Keep in mind that the last discussion I was involved with along these lines, the forum crashed for 3 weeks-not saying it's related...).
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Of course I know that Although I could imagine some yo-yo trying to notch a duct to fit over a pipe/conduit.

Simple...it was the egg. If you believe in evolution you would have to believe that the egg is a constant. It's never been called anything else.
    A species lays an egg, and an egg incubates, grows/hatches a species-but not always completely the same species (evolving).
    However, was a chicken always a chicken? I say no. It evolved into a chicken. So at some point, it wasn't completely a chicken, layed an egg, it hatched, and finally THE first chicken.
    That's my take on it...
    What say ye...intelligent design peeps? (Keep in mind that the last discussion I was involved with along these lines, the forum crashed for 3 weeks-not saying it's related...).
    Oh, I think it is related...

OTOH... IMO it is just too much 'circumstance' for all the biology, physics, chemistry, even life...
    That we know today...
    To have evolved from a puddle of gooey soup.

That is just too far out there to believe...

It would be easier to believe the bammer, Hillary, and a handful of banking dynasties... were playing out a HUGE conspiracy to take the world under one govt... where there would be a 1% ruling class and 99% peasants.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Never heard of anything saying that whoever( Intelligent Design) made an egg or animal specific. In the Bible( I know I said it) It says "HE" created animals of all types but could "HE" have made eggs? Possibly? When I see him I will ask.

15. Likes ga-hvac-tech, DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes

Booooooooo......
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, I wasnt sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

17. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Paul,

Was that Foil tape, a "Hacker's Way" of sealing off the penetration of a Return-air, using the joist space?

And, as far as that penetration, with that circuit, .. It's a Violation of the NEC, & the Mechanical Code. SMH
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, I wasnt sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast