Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Your install looks GREAT!
    And I like the way you did the lineset in the extra room... going under the outdoor door just is not right...

Down here in the South... we run our AC's hard...
    I do not use a trap on the condensate line... rather a 'Drain Alert' (brand name) float switch on the secondary coil drain. Wire it to break yellow... so the blower will still run if the drain backs up.

Not fussing... just suggesting...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Why is it always a Goodman?! Does not apply here.

Post Likes
    Great looking install from the primer, to the mastic, to the lineset.

Thumbs up!

Post Likes
    Ga tech, thank you for your input, I've always been required to trap all evaps in the past at my prior employer, now that I'm on my own I may consider dropping the trap on positive coils. I also like the idea of a drain switch on all installs.

As for Goodman Equipment, comming from a carrier background its a little different, overall im happy with it, hate I have to field install txvs dont like the lack of information regarding venting on the furnaces. Tech support was not very helpful.

Goodman has a good warranty and is made in America plus my distributor is great. Installation quality is key.

5. Likes Pnasty liked this post
    Post Likes
    IMO... ones distributor can make or break a contractor... and when one chooses a quality wholesale house... they usually get the brand that house sells...

Funny you mention the thing about the TXV's... one of the reasons I do NOT like ICP equipment... is one has to open the coil and remove the TXV bulb before brazing the suction line... then re-attach it.
    I prefer bolt on TXV's... as I do not mount the bulb until after the brazing and pressure test is done and the vacuum pump is chugging away.

Different styles of doing the work... IMO no one way is the only correct way.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Goodman would have a better reputation if they were all installed like that. It was installed almost as though you were thinking of servicing it in the future too.

Post Likes
    Top notch work it looks grate.
    The ventless heater would fail in our area they are makeing many owners remove them.
    But we know you didnt install that
    I would hire you to work for me any day.

Post Likes
    I do that as well unless the coustomer wants it left alone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12