Post Likes

KMC front end recommendation

I have a customer that has tired of WinControl and would like something less clumsy to use. For example, they have several NiagaraAX systems and like that user interface.
    Their system is comprised of a KMD-5210 lan controller with 4 I/O modules and 90+ VAVs on a subnet.
    What is KMC offering these days that isn't a rehash of WinControl like BACstage is?
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    They got KMC connect but that’s like a rehash of total control, most their stuff I’d only use for programming.
    The do have some newer product called the commander? Which is made with dell and intel I believe, looked similar to a jace type setup. But why even try that when I could just get a jace.

Or there’s a translator that takes KMD and translates it to BACnet/ip. I’ve never seen any one actually try it out, but that’s an option that can be brought into anything potentially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thanks, bolt

You mention using a jace, which KMC offers, but I don't see any drivers listed for their proprietary protocol.
    How is the Web Portal interface once it's configured by Total Control? The only KMC web server I've been exposed to is WebLite and it is awful.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    Yeahhh idk about that I’ve never heard anything about it working with KMD I would’ve thought they want that option for their brand Jaces. Have to ask and see.

What I’ve experienced from seeing 2 jobs with total control, there was no easy way to suck a backup out of their controller for the graphics, the graphics design was very painful, and the software had a bunch of services that on whatever laptop we used it was so slow and would freeze constantly. But this was a few years back in early versions.

In the end for the user it was just okay looking graphics, I don’t remember what is there for alarming or histories. Pretty sure no Java though! Pretty simple to use nothing fancy.
    I wouldn’t dare try it out just cause, I’d personally use try the translator or take that proprietary junk out and put the new conquest in to Niagara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes dapper liked this post