Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Maybe there Is Hope ?

Harbor Freight Tools for Schools

We think high school skilled trades teachers are worth a million bucks. Actually, we think they're priceless. And that's why we're excited to announce that we've doubled this year's Harbor Freight Tools for Schools Prize for Teaching Excellence to $1 million!

A few months ago, I shared with you stories of the amazing skilled trades high school teachers who won last year's prize. We were so inspired by their commitment and passion for teaching that we wanted to do more. This year, we're awarding more than $1 million in prizes to even more outstanding skilled trades teachers and their public high schools.

Three first-place winners and their schools will receive $100,000 ($30,000 to the teacher or teacher team, and $70,000 to their high school's skilled trades program), and 15 second-place winners will receive $50,000 ($15,000 to the teacher or teacher team, and $35,000 to their high school's skilled trades program).

We've seen firsthand the impact that skilled trades teachers in this country are making in the lives of students. They're teaching them how to repair cars, how to weld, how to build houses, how to install electrical systems and plumbing, the list goes on and on. These educators are giving our young people tangible skills that lead to great jobs after high school graduation.

Skilled trades teachers are heroes, and it's time to recognize them. If you're a skilled trades teacher at a U.S. public high school, please apply. And if you know a great skilled trades teacher, please forward this message to them and encourage them to apply.

Applications are open now through July 6 at hftforschoolsprize.org. Stay up to date on the latest prize news on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

We can't wait to shine a spotlight on the great work that these teachers are doing!

Sincerely,

Eric Smidt
    Founder
    Harbor Freight Tools for Schools, LLC
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Just dont do any projects that involve chainsaws:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2018/ha...-injury-hazard

Post Likes
    Nice to hear that. Good man, good company doing good things.
    Benghazi was a 4 year investigation, there were zero indictments. The Clinton emails was a 2 year investigation, there were zero indictments. The Mueller investigation has been 12 months, there have been 23 indictments.

When 11 American prisoners in North Korea were released during the Obama administration, the President didn’t make it into a spectacle about himself.

Trump was right Roseanne is about you.

Post Likes
    Are you insane?

Post Likes
    I am never sure.
    My family and my enemies swear that I am.
    And I kind of like it that way. <g>
    My friends however insist that I am not.

Why do you ask?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    Are you insane?
    PHM
    --------

6. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Are you insane?
    Are you against people supporting the trades? This is an area that too often gets overlooked and should be supported and applauded.
    Benghazi was a 4 year investigation, there were zero indictments. The Clinton emails was a 2 year investigation, there were zero indictments. The Mueller investigation has been 12 months, there have been 23 indictments.

When 11 American prisoners in North Korea were released during the Obama administration, the President didn’t make it into a spectacle about himself.

Trump was right Roseanne is about you.

Post Likes
    Investigations, you are insane. Sorry Mikey. I want to read more about all the Hillary investigation an all the special prosecutors appointed to find all the missing emails. unbelievable.

9. Likes btuhack liked this post
    Post Likes
    Investigations, you are insane. Sorry Mikey. I want to read more about all the Hillary investigation an all the special prosecutors appointed to find all the missing emails. unbelievable.
    Are you on the right thread???

OR are you replying to his signature line(s)?

11. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Did I miss a meeting or a memo or something ?

What the hell are you talking about? <g>

PHM
    -------

PHM
    --------

13. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Replies to signature quotes aside...

I find it intriguing that what is considered a "junk tool" company is the ONLY ONE that is doing something like this. It's a lot of money, too. Why arent and why cant the major manufacturers do similar?

Post Likes
    some of the tools are cheap junk but they sell some of the better higher end stuff in my area any ways.

16. Likes DavidDeBord, ga-hvac-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    Tim Kaine and others wanted to do more for the trades a few years back. I believe it was a bipartisan bill too. Hopefully more can be done. While an education with a degree needs to be supported it isn't the only path for success.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Tim Kaine and others wanted to do more for the trades a few years back. I believe it was a bipartisan bill too. Hopefully more can be done. While an education with a degree needs to be supported it isn't the only path for success.
    Perhaps it would be different if you were a "Pro Member" rather than a "Regular Member"? Did they say why? I assume it was Dad that removed it. He usually has a valid reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast