Post Likes

Chiller Oil Analysis - Where to get it done?

Commercial HVAC and Refrigeration tech here, Little chiller experience but trying to learn at every opportunity I get.

Basic question here - where do you guys go to get your chiller compressor oil analyzed?

Iíve got a customer who doesnít trust his chiller company and asked me if I could get some oil analyzed for them. Itís a York water cooler R410A system with four Bitzer scroll compressors.

Weíre based in the Atlanta, GA area.

Do you guys typically find someone local to do the analysis or do you have to send it off?

I called my local supply house and they didnít have anything concrete to offer. Thought Iíd reach out on here for a starting point.

Thx

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    There are many labs out there .

Post Likes
    Buy the kit from Trane then send it to their lab

4. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    ☝️Like he said.
    The 2nd most important amendment is to protect the 1st...

Free Air Conditioner Sizing Chart

6. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes
    The longer you wait " the more fouled reading you will obtain . " !! I always send quick ship !

Post Likes
    We usually donít get chillers with scrolls tested, but if you do Iím sure there is somewhere local. Any big city will have a lab.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MXF9283 View Post
    Commercial HVAC and Refrigeration tech here, Little chiller experience but trying to learn at every opportunity I get.

Basic question here - where do you guys go to get your chiller compressor oil analyzed?

Iíve got a customer who doesnít trust his chiller company and asked me if I could get some oil analyzed for them. Itís a York water cooler R410A system with four Bitzer scroll compressors.

Weíre based in the Atlanta, GA area.

Do you guys typically find someone local to do the analysis or do you have to send it off?

I called my local supply house and they didnít have anything concrete to offer. Thought Iíd reach out on here for a starting point.

Thx

Matt

Stop by united and pick their kit, take the samples,fill the paperwork and drop it back, you get the results in a week. https://www.google.com/search?q=unit...nt=firefox-b-1
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

10. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Trane would test the oil and steal your customers, all in one package deal, make sure you tell them your client information it helps their salesman!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

12. Likes pecmsg, CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes